Bit Defender

Hi, I'm new to this forum, just stumbled onto it by accident. I have just installed Windows bit defender on my laptop, then I found a subject on it that stated it wasn't effective to use if your computer was always connected to the internet, which mine is. I have Wildblue satellite internet service, so when I turn the computer on, I'm online, unless the service is down of course! So, should I un-install bit defender? I haven't put it on my desktop yet.

Comments

• Hi, I'm new to this forum, just stumbled onto it by accident. I have just installed Windows bit defender on my laptop, then I found a subject on it that stated it wasn't effective to use if your computer was always connected to the internet, which mine is. I have Wildblue satellite internet service, so when I turn the computer on, I'm online, unless the service is down of course! So, should I un-install bit defender? I haven't put it on my desktop yet.

You wouldn't need BD if you were not connected to the internet (assuming any disks that you stuck into the computer were clean). Consequently, BD (as well as any other security software that I can think of) is designed for computers connected to the internet. With respect to always on... I would imagine that most internet users these days are "always on".

• Don't worry. If you want to be safe because you are always online. Just install BitDefender , update and you'll be fine