New Scan stuck on 4% after 10 hours

Restart the scan same

might be fixed be using uninstall app

===================================================================

problem 2

Macrium reflect backups not trigger on scheduled

==================================================================

Problem 3

File extensions for know file types all appear .docx  .rtf .txt etc etc .mp3 .jpg   WHY???

Problem 4 - this is hilarious - Bitdefender is suspicious of its own page?  I'm overwhelmed with confidence when this kind of thing happens

Even if you uninstall our product, we would like to know the reason behind your decision.

If you wish to provide us feedback before downloading our

uninstall tool please complete the following form by clicking here.

Bit defender LINK is blocked by Bitdefender

clicking the link

Web Protection by Bitdefender

Suspicious page blocked for your protection

https://bitdefender.enendw.sgizmo.com/s3//?version=2019&type=2&key=194

Your connection to this web page is not safe due to an unmatching security certificate.

This means that the certificate was issued for a different web address than the one it is being used for, and you run the risk of exposing your data by accessing this page.

I understand the risks, take me there anyway If you know this page is not dangerous, you can add it to your Exceptions list.

Be aware that you will not be warned about any threats existing on this page.

If there are this many problems in 24h   it really feels like it only going to get worse

SS 12-02-18 at 14.23 23.JPG

Comments

• Problem #3 -

Did BitDefender find any malicious files or apps?  If so, BitDefender will reset certain system values to Microsoft Defaults as part of the remediation routines.

• 16 hours ago, dbrisendine said:

Problem #3 -

Did BitDefender find any malicious files or apps?  If so, BitDefender will reset certain system values to Microsoft Defaults as part of the remediation routines.

theres no way of knowing the scan didnt work 

it didn't find anything in the 167 files it scanned in 10 hours ...

i moved on ...Bitdefender seems like a mess..

/index.php?/topic/80136-2019-system-scan-stuck-at-4/&do=embed" style="height:342px;max-width:502px;">

• I have the same problem as you on the https pages but mine only return with a normal certificate error from the browsers.  If i have never study IT and Data networking in Uni i would not have guessed something is blocking the web pages.  I tried going into bitdefender help pages for help, tried window10 help pages and google firefox help pages on the issues, but all failed to load, since they all https pages.   even with my knowledge it still took me a while to look for the right function in Bitdefender, since they decided to change the wording of "https scan" in there help pages to another description wording "encrypted Web pages scan" in their software.  It took a while to notices since i was scanning for the word https in the software.  Things like that seriously make you lose trust in the software.  Since it suppose to be a last line of defense for a computer system.

• Donald Holmberg
    edited January 2019

i do not know if i have a problem or not...my total system scan (3rd one today) took 2 min and 47 sec!!!!!! es it was the system scan, not the quick scan.

Also, this is one of many emails from bd customer support( not for the above issue)

Hello Don,

Thank you for your reply.

The message you just replied was an automatic generated one due to our wish to know whether you have further questions or concerns.

In your last reply, you have requested the steps

• Hello Donald,

We have sent you an email. Please check your Inbox.

Once more system scans are performed the system scan time will increase, as the files already scanned will not be scanned again.

• TheWARNED1
    edited March 2019

On 1/24/2019 at 8:13 AM, Roxana G said:

Hello Donald,

We have sent you an email. Please check your Inbox.

Once more system scans are performed the system scan time will increase, as the files already scanned will not be scanned again.

this response makes little sense... "Once more system scans are performed the system scan time will increase".... so are you saying that performing multiple scans increases the scan time for future scans? and once a file is scanned it is not scanned again??? I have scanned stuff multiple times... and BD still happens to scan the same files as it did the last time i had ran it.... And the scan time remains to be the same each scan.

• On 3/2/2019 at 6:34 PM, BDneedsSUMwork said:

this response makes little sense... "Once more system scans are performed the system scan time will increase".... so are you saying that performing multiple scans increases the scan time for future scans? and once a file is scanned it is not scanned again??? I have scanned stuff multiple times... and BD still happens to scan the same files as it did the last time i had ran it.... And the scan time remains to be the same each scan.

Hello,

My apologies for the typo. I wanted to say that the time will decrease, as Bitdefender will not scan again the items which were previously scanned. When the scan gets stuck at the same percentage, does the number of files grow? Does the situation from the thread from above apply?