Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Not Working!

Options

I have recently purchased BitDefender Antivirus 2008 and it has been running great!

I kind of broke my graphics card drivers and couldnt be bothered to try and fix them so I decided to format and install a fresh version of Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit, I then updated Windows Vista with all available updated including Service Pack 1. Then I went on to installing BitDefender Antivirus 2008 and everytime Windows start its hangs and loads very very slow for about 10mins and then this error pops up:

Host Process for Windows Services stopped working and was closed

Once I click close on the error my PC run fine however the File Zone Indicator shows no scans at all unlike before.

AMD Athlon 6000+ X2

BFG GeForce 8800GTS OC 512

Creative Sound Blaster X-FI PCI-E

2GB DDR2 Crucial Memory

Western Digital 180GB Hard Drive

Microsft Windows Vista Ultimate 64 Bit with Service Pack 1

Any ideas? :( I have also formated and tried this twice and I get the same problem.

Comments

• Kenny
    Options

A lot are having this problem

• MattDurben
    edited June 2008
    Options

Indeed, maybe you should watch this thread, as it's already exactly named with the problem. Some infos about the error log would be helpfull, too.

Matt

• Niels
    Options

Hello Chudz,Kenny,MattDurben

This error can be caused after you used windows update and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service was active. Please try what is written here.

It could also be a faulty driver. Press the windows button together with r now type devmgmt.msc press enter. Go to the view menu and select show hidden devices.

Now expand display adaptors right click on your graphics card if there is an error it should be mentioned. Check also other sections you may not find any exclamation marks that refers to a corrupt driver.

Best regards

Niels