Threat Database updates

bqpd
bqpd
edited June 2019 in General

It seems the Threat Database update has been updated once a day only?

The Current one is 12445309?

Comments

• Hello bqpd,

The updates for Threat Database are released a few times per day. Please open Bitdefender and go to Notifications -> click on All tab and check how many updates you have.

• Update completed successfully once a day - yesterday 0:19 AM and today around 1 am, thus my post above.

The last database properties,

Threat information updates: 12445309

Engine version: 7.81070

Last engine update: 3/06/2019 1:22 AM

Update Now "update completed..."  doesn't download anything.

Should I "reinstall"?

Regards,

• Clean reinstalled - Antivirus Plus 2019 23.0.24.120. Still unable to download automatically and manually.

Manual download "Update Now" shows a download notification, click OK fails to download "100% Update completed...".

My current database properties as follow,

Threat information updates: 12449469

Engine version: 7.81092

Last engine update: 4/06/2019 4:28 AM

• Hello,

We would like to know for how long does your PC stays open.

We need a Support Tool log as well from your PC. Let the computer open for one day and after that generate a Support Tool log and enable the option "Reproduce this issue'. while the option to reproduce the issue is enabled, please perform a manual update, then let the log generate.

[How to generate a Support Tool log]

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1730/

Send us the log via email at bitsy@bitdefender.com and our team will investigate the update situation.

• Just the same problem here. windows 10 1903, can't update automatically, nor manually. I disabled silent update, it doesn't download the engine update.

• 4 hours ago, ssklfj said:

Just the same problem here. windows 10 1903, can't update automatically, nor manually. I disabled silent update, it doesn't download the engine update.

As recommended to bqpd, please send us the Support Tool log on the email, as we need to further investigate this behavior. 

• Roxana G, sent an email and uploaded the folder yesterday. No replies as yet. This is quite a serious matter. Your immediate attention appreciated.

ssklfj, thank you for your post as now I know the problem is not an isolated case happening only to my computer.

• ssklfj
    edited June 2019

I think this happens after program update, not threat engine update. I reinstalled my whole windows system, but it didn't fix it. Bitdefender updates automatically right after the installation, but after the program update and system restart, updates fail. These are screenshots. the program says there is update available(it's Korean language), but it doesn't download at all, then says update complete. And of course it is one of the most serious problem antivirus products can make! I cleaned up my whole system, so I don't think there's any problem with my own laptop.

Roxana G, I already sent information about this problem twice through the support system equipped in the product.

제목 없음.png

제목 없음.1png.png

• Hello,

We have received the log. Our colleagues will send you an email today in regards to this matter.

• Roxana G, no promised reply yet. It looked like my online chat support yesterday initiated the investigation, my email/support tool log wasn't even opened when I contacted.

Unable to update threat database as published is a major fault, this started over a week ago.

ssklfj, your situation is the exact same thing happening here. I agree this problem started with the build 23.0.24.120 which was downloaded around the 31st.

• 1 hour ago, bqpd said:

Roxana G, no promised reply yet. It looked like my online chat support yesterday initiated the investigation, my email/support tool log wasn't even opened when I contacted.

Unable to update threat database as published is a major fault, this started over a week ago.

ssklfj, your situation is the exact same thing happening here. I agree this problem started with the build 23.0.24.120 which was downloaded around the 31st.

think I solve the problem, I removed it with the official bitdefender removal tool, and downloaded  installatin file from bitdefender central as usual. i dont know why (maybe installation file has been updated), but i can update now. yes the problem is gone, but i dont want to renew the subscription  i cant count how many times i reinstalled the product 

• 15 hours ago, ssklfj said:

think I solve the problem, I removed it with the official bitdefender removal tool, and downloaded  installatin file from bitdefender central as usual. i dont know why (maybe installation file has been updated), but i can update now. yes the problem is gone, but i dont want to renew the subscription  i cant count how many times i reinstalled the product 

Hello,

We are sorry for the delay of the answer. we were analyzing the case if they are related.  We appreciate the updates on the case and we are glad that the issue was solved. In case you will have again trouble updating, please proceed as indicating the email sent to you.

• Roxana G, the problem solved by clean reinstall with the offline kit provided. The reason wasn't given so I have no idea why this has happened however. Multumesc for your help. :)

ssklfj, I actually did reinstalled clean after uninstalled using Bitdefender uninstall tool a few days ago but this didn't fix the problem for me. Fixed now but I am slightly worried if the same thing may happen again when next build update happens... Gomapseumnida for your posts. :)

• I'm having the same exact issue!  I did a clean install of Windows 7 on June 3rd and after all the windows updates I got the installer from my Bitdefender Central Account and installed BD Internet Security 2019 again.  Since then I'm only getting 1 update a day no matter how many times I manually try.  I'm not getting update errors, just nothing updating after the checks complete.  Since this is a new fresh install of your software the removal tool doesn't apply to me since nothing was on my PC until I Installed your software again.   There is an issue since your last product update I think causing this once daily threat database update.

• I resolved it myself!  I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled Bitdefender Security and selected the REINSTALL option.  Once it removed everything and restarted it installed the software again and ever since it updates multiple times a day like normal.  On a side note, you might want to tweak the vulnerability scan to only flag CRITICAL Windows Updates as a vulnerability instead of RECOMMENDED.  It keeps flagging those on me when they are useless.  When they are relevant they change to CRITICAL updates.

1786828877_BitdefenderVersion!.png.e4bdca893db4b88df8215668e433d2f2.png

905311003_NotificationArea!.png.d628238a7fcc9581b1136a00ef600061.png

• On 6/13/2019 at 6:54 AM, Jay-Z said:

I resolved it myself!  I went to add/remove programs and uninstalled Bitdefender Security and selected the REINSTALL option.  Once it removed everything and restarted it installed the software again and ever since it updates multiple times a day like normal.  On a side note, you might want to tweak the vulnerability scan to only flag CRITICAL Windows Updates as a vulnerability instead of RECOMMENDED.  It keeps flagging those on me when they are useless.  When they are relevant they change to CRITICAL updates.

1786828877_BitdefenderVersion!.png.e4bdca893db4b88df8215668e433d2f2.png

905311003_NotificationArea!.png.d628238a7fcc9581b1136a00ef600061.png

Hello,

We appreciate the updates on the issue. Regarding the Vulnerability Scan notifications we recommend our users to keep Windows up to date. Thus, any Windows updates are considered Critical.

• I got the update problem again!  After installing the 2nd update requiring a restart in a week or so, my PC restarted yesterday and now I'm only getting 1 update a day again?

• I have the same problem. No automatic updates, and I'm unable to update manually. I have a support ticket open, waiting to hear back.

• ssklfj
    edited June 2019

yes. I got this problem again, too. I don't think I would use bitdefender anymore. it ######.

• Hello,

same problem for me.

Windows 10 version 1903

Good luck !

• I used your uninstall tool and reinstalled the software yet again and even that doesn't help.  Your 2019 version of the software ######!  Nothing but problem after problem and every time you resolve one problem your fixes cause other problems.  I even get a suspicious connection blocked or whatever that message is about Amazon and expired certificates using your safepay browser.  Months now and that problem is still lurking in the software.  I'm sorry to say but Amazon doesn't have problems on their end.  I shop the site very frequently.  The error never showed up about Amazon until that update with restart.  Now even uninstalling and reinstalling your software doesn't resolve either database updates and that dumb expired certificate and no I'm not using that workaround you keep pushing on everyone about your certificate problem or can I say now BUG!  I hope version 2020 isn't as buggy and screwed up as 2019.

Bitdefender Notification Panel 6-30-19!.png

Suspicious Connection!.png

• Hello,

Regarding the update issue, please try the workaround below and let us know the results:

- restart in Safe Mode

- navigate to C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Security

- delete update_statistics.xml

- go back in Normal Mode and perform a manual update

If the issue persists, please send us a Support Tool log and enable the option Try to reproduce this issue, restart the PC, update Bitdefender and after that click on Finish.

As for the notification received for Amazon, the detection is legit, since their certificates are expired. You may verify on the link below: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=cloudfront-labs.amazonaws.com

Let us know the results.

• Jay-Z
    Jay-Z
    edited July 2019

So because of a problem caused by your most recent update with a restart I have to go and jump through all of these hoops that will lead to nowhere.  The fact that I used your uninstall tool and wiped all traces of Bitdefender from my PC and reinstalled your software yet again, should have fixed the issue but didn't.  One problem after another and you make us the customer do all of these things rather then fix it on your end.  The problem lies in your latest fix.  After reinstalling your software I let it run for hours and ignored the update with restart and everything ran fine and updated like it normally does.  Wasn't until I applied the update with restart that the threat database update issue started.

Get your house in order because you released a horribly buggy version in 2019!!!

• Deleting that file didn't work.  Everybody else save yourself the time and restarts and don't bother deleting the file.  It serves no purpose and won't fix the problem.  Just create a support tool log so this gets fixed.  If you don't know how to create a log go here for the steps:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/8919/

Start the tool running trying to reproduce the problem selected then try a manual update.  Once it completes click finish and follow the remaining steps from the above link to create the file on your desktop.

• I just sent a support tool log as well as a snapshot of the notification tab to that bitsy email address.  I tried using the contact us section but it kept captcha timing out no matter how many times I kept updating the captcha.  Very strange!

• Isn't it time this issue was taken a bit more seriously? An antivirus that doesn't update isn't a great deal of use.....

• 7 hours ago, Jay-Z said:

I just sent a support tool log as well as a snapshot of the notification tab to that bitsy email address.  I tried using the contact us section but it kept captcha timing out no matter how many times I kept updating the captcha.  Very strange!

Hello,

I have sent you an email. We would like to investigate this remotely, so that we can pinpoint the issue. Without a deeper investigation, we cannot say for sure the cause source of the issue.

• The problem is whatever was deployed in the most recent update with restart.  Updated just fine until I had to download that.  I've also uninstalled and reinstalled the software 3 times today to see if that would work but still once a day it looks like.  You don't need to remotely get into my computer to fix this issue.  I submitted the support tool log which is all that is required according to all of you support people.  Every fix you deploy causes other problems to arise.  You add a useless anti-tracker feature when there is tons of browser addons that do the same thing.  You eliminated a feature that was disturbing to see when I was installing the software again.  You had something unique to your brand where during installation a scan would run to see if the PC was clean before the software got installed and you eliminated it.  I so wish I could back to Version 2018 which ran and worked flawlessly.  I never had a problem for that entire year plus running that version.  Nothing but problem after problem with 2019.

• Is there any news on this issue? Your tech support guy is trying to tell me nothing is wrong! Are you now only releasing updates every 48 hours, then?

I have 1300 days left on my account, so I'm reluctant to uninstall Bitdefender and buy another security solution. How about a refund, if you're

not going to fix it?

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

Yoa @yambo

What u expect. They do not give a about bugs. This problem is known since last friday, around midnight their servers got up. It was friday, the 28th of june. How i know it? I was on CNN utube and after i logged out there, was saturday the 29th around 4am german time.

There i saw, last time updated the definition files was friday, 23:53....

What really me on - now this prob is almost a week. And nobody cares. Roxana is like a bot from Microsoft. Not any help only blah blah. Dude, i feel with you. Because i know that you post here with real problems. You can use Kaspersky till they solve the problem with their servers. But most funny is - they did this close before the next month on july. So it was wanted. :D:D:D

Cheers bro.

Ah before i forget. You can reinstall your product. Then the files are up to date. But do we really want that? Always reinstalling to get the latest antivir definition files? DO WE WANT THATTTTT. Man i am angry here. MEGALOL HERE. Installed NEW 20:18 my time. Guess what. Antivir definition files are dated from 20:21 STILL. Come on guys, do you roll the customers here? Now its 23:11 and no updated antivir definitions? It seems you want to make all people angry. All here that are on my side: edit your posts when you installed your product from Bitdefender. And count the hours till it got his antivir definition update. Do as me. Only noobs working at BD? NO ONE KNOWS.

MAN I AM SAULTY.

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

Update. Not BD, no. Update of the drama. Installed 20:18, Engine actualiblahblah 20:21... german time is now 0:00 (happy weekend its friday now) (virus definition files from 20:21 should be already out of date. Still NADA)

"Stiftung Warentest" would be happy to see this mess. :D And Virus Programmers that give you Viruses are happy with BD, WELL DONE, BD. WELL DONE.

;=) all should post here as me. To show the dilemma. All should do all night long.

PS and dont come me with my Router i have from NETGEAR R8500(perfect router) or my provider (UNITYMEDIA, best one from GERMANY). The router is bound to a FRITZ BOX cablemodem. So that is not the stuff, guys.

Conclusion. It is FRIDAY now. I installed your amazing product on Thursday, the 4th. The fourth of july. Yeah. The antivir definition files still from then, 20:21. Why you think this is normal?

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

No prob i bought this amazing product for 2 years. Gave part of my license to Cecilia from Brazil, because she is my friend. Will use teamview with her later (her local time there is different than in Germany) and check if she has the same mess with the product i paid 70 bucks for. No problem. We can do it all night long. We can have war, no problem. I will check if her antivir files are not updated either. And then we can see whats wrong. If it is your servers from Germany that do a mess, or if this is a world wide problem.

lol.png

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

lol "reluctant". :D@vambo

dude i like you. Just say that you are pised by their product and good is. It is really a NO GO, if they update from now on their antivir definition files only every 12 hours. Hackers and Virus programmers will certainly love Bitdefender for doing it.But i think, they do not give a s-hit about us customers anymore. They go more from now on into the big industry business. This is what i think. Didnt they go into stock exchange, too? Ah here is the deal....

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=9934160

So okay.

• Hey, what is going on ?

I have the same problem.

In the last 5 or 6 hours, more than 5 times, i tried to manually update virus definitions from version 12552305 to the newest version, but after clicking "Update Now", it showed "Checking for updates...", the program didn't do anything, didn't download anything, and than it showed me "Update completed". Which update is completed, when nothing is downloaded.

After that i checked the Log file, and there was no information about successful update. Just nothing.

10 minutes or less later, i downloaded the "weekly.exe" file from bitdefender.com, and guess what: virus database was updated to version 12552412. So, actually there was newer version of the virus definitions.

I'm using Bitdefender Total Security build 23.0.24.120 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64bit).

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

hey gorksi its since 1 week now. Never saw it before? Just check, i posted a screeny.

Cheers dude. Solution is, always REINSTALL! Doesnt it sound cool?! :D NO WONDER because the Software does not even perform updates anymore after u installed it. Thats why your weekly stuff is newer. And this ROXANA blocked a guy i really adored. ROXANA is there only to BLOCK people that have a cure. Jealousy of her? We do not know.

PS i have no prob, i use Unitymedia 400mb speed. I can always download fast and reinstall every 2 hours to get it all up to date. Poor for the indos, asians or brazilians. That have a poor connection.

@Bitdefender: i know, the JULY makes all new. New jobs, new structure inside a company....i am not dumb.

LOL look at that, jojo's thats the way you doin' you play the click sound on the MTV. :D

lol2.png

• ALF0815
    edited July 2019

"Your product is up to date".

Is klar Leute. Alles klar LOL :D Bitdefender ist uns am trollen. :D

" In the last 5 or 6 hours, more than 5 times, i tried to manually update virus definitions from version 12552305 to the newest version"

click in the way of the beat of "money for nothing" onto the left mouse button to manually update the trash. :D look i see all like BD only likes to troll the people to make them aggro. See all with a smile from now on.

Leute es wird ernst. Antivir definition files immer noch auf 20:21 (Dönerstag). Jetzt ham wa 01:10 (Freitag) und nix neues! GEFÄHRLICH! Kein joke mehr. Genug getrollt, BD! ES REICHT!

"

Hello,

I have sent you an email. We would like to investigate this remotely, so that we can pinpoint the issue. Without a deeper investigation, we cannot say for sure the cause source of the issue.

"quote

Hello Miss Roxana or whatever your real name is, you gave an answer that did not help the customer. Happy now? "pinpoint" oh dude get a pin like pinhead onto your head.

Tell the customer that your team will work on the well known issue. Not such trash, come on......where is DI to help the people.....get a pin and pin your face onto a wall, Roxanna. PS YEAH block the people that try to help you Roxana. You only BLOCK people that know about tech stuff. You are like those MS bots. You must have a really poor life Roxana.

• Gjoksi79
    edited July 2019

1. 05.07.2019 01:15 - threat information updates 12552412, engine version - 7.81417

2. alomost 12 hours later:

05.07.2019 12:30 - threat information updates 12552412, engine version - 7.81417

3. after installing "weekly.exe"

05.07.2019 12:40 - threat information updates 12592305, engine version - 7.81507

So, it turns out that i can't update online threat information updates and engine version, while after installing the "weekly.exe" package my product is updated.

Bitdefender Total Security build 23.0.24.120 on Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (64bit).

05.07.2019 01.15.jpg

05.07.2019 12.30.jpg

05.07.2019 12.40.jpg

• And thanks to Kaspersky Internet Security 2019, this is how all the informations about the application updates should look:

kis01.jpg

kis02.jpg

kis03.jpg

kis04.jpg

kis05.jpg

• I can't believe this problem isn't solved yet. I removed BD and installed products from other company. just wow. Roxana doesn't even answer to the serious complaints, haha. I'm sure we're not the only ones having this problem, cause the users think that Bd is well made products and the update is conducted without any notifications.  Very few people check if the product is updated, and yes, this is normal. products should be updated automatically even without users caring and the error doesn't even have error code. it means bitdefender doesn't know why this problem happened. Not many people use this forum, but customer service should let us know how theyre dealing with this problem. I'm so upset even i'm not using this product full of bugs anymore.

• 14 hours ago, ALF0815 said:

No prob i bought this amazing product for 2 years. Gave part of my license to Cecilia from Brazil, because she is my friend. Will use teamview with her later (her local time there is different than in Germany) and check if she has the same mess with the product i paid 70 bucks for. No problem. We can do it all night long. We can have war, no problem. I will check if her antivir files are not updated either. And then we can see whats wrong. If it is your servers from Germany that do a mess, or if this is a world wide problem.

lol.png

I think this isn't about the country living. I live in asian country and I don't use same router as yours. The more serious problem is that many users wouldn't even know they have problem, cause they're not watching the log everyday. we didn't pay for this uncomfortable situation.

• 1 hour ago, ssklfj said:

I think this isn't about the country living. I live in asian country and I don't use same router as yours. The more serious problem is that many users wouldn't even know they have problem, cause they're not watching the log everyday. we didn't pay for this uncomfortable situation.

My country and my router have nothing to do with my problem. Like i already said: can't update online, but i can update offline with installing "weekly.exe". Strange.

So, i moved back to Kaspersky Internet Security, because i still have a valid license. And never (once again: never) had similar problem(s) with Kaspersky.

The only thing i regret is that i purchased a license for 5 devices. And yesterday before i've noticed the problem, i was thinking about buying license for 5 more devices. And i'm glad i didn't buy second license.

• Guys, and you are not afraid to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Putin will follow you!)))

• 6 hours ago, Rampant said:

Guys, and you are not afraid to install Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Putin will follow you!)))

Well, tell him he can follow me on Twitter and Instagram! :D:D

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited July 2019

20 hours ago, Gjoksi79 said:

Well, tell him he can follow me on Twitter and Instagram!

I will definitely betray Putin)))

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭

Hi...I also have the once a day update problem. Tried all the usual remedies plus Roxanas' work around. Didn't help.

• 1 hour ago, ozziebear said:

Hi...I also have the once a day update problem. Tried all the usual remedies plus Roxanas' work around. Didn't help.

I tried uninstall (using Bitdefender Uninstall Tool) and reinstall several times, Roxana's work around, changed update frequency from 1 hour to 3 hours, but nothing helped. Yesterday, i sent Ticket to Technical Suport, but the problem still persists. I think that even they don't know what causes the problem.

• I deleted that file which was a waste of time and 2 restarts.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled this software so many times I lost count using the uninstall tool and wiping any traces left in the registry.  Once you reinstall and download that update with restart the database update issue begins.  Didn't happen before it dropped.  I swear we all paid to be BETA testers this past year.  Version 2019 is so flawed and buggy that anything causes a problem to arise.  Then they dump that useless anti-tracker feature into a buggy version and look what that is causing everyone.  We should have an option of what we download and install with this software and the ability to only update threat database if we choose.  Other brands give you the option to untick product update checks and only download threat database.  This company should definitely start giving us Changleog explanations with every update/fix they make.

How much time has been wasted on this issue and they don't have a clue.  When they send it to the development team (should have already gone there) who knows how long it will take them to resolve it.  Look at that update because that's where the problem lies.  The fact that we keep uninstalling and reinstalling the product then that update with restart which is when we experience the update issue should be obvious to look into that fix.  PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY resolve this issue.  I'm not comfortable with the fact that now the threat database will only update longer then the 24 hours previously.  I'm looking at my last update over 30 hours ago and I just did a manual check and nothing updated.  This doesn't make me feel secure!  Please do something.  I think we would all Greatly Appreciate it A lot!!!

• Rampant
    Rampant ✭✭
    edited July 2019

My signature database is updated every three hours.

2019-07-07_105919.jpg

• I opened a ticket with technical support, which is now closed. Basically, the support guy just kept insisting that nothing was wrong. If it's not updating, it doesn't need to. Don't worry.

They just refuse to admit that the problem exists.

I have removed Bitdefender now, and installed a 30 day free trial of Kaspersky, in order to have a security suite that works.

I'll see what happens after 30 days.