Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Reinstalling bitdefender free wont work

Options

So I uninstalled bitdefender free version because I was having some issue I don’t remember but now when I try to reinstall it I get a “can’t copy install error” it partially installs and sometimes pops up with a login but if I log in nothing happens trying to open the software via the start menu just deletes the shortcut because it connects to nothing.

If I try to uninstall bitdefender agent, it deletes it but uninstalling “bitdefender antivirus free” it pops up with “windows cannot find c:\program files\bitdefender antivirus free\kitinstaller\BPinstaller.exe” make sure you typed it correctly and try again.

Going to that folder and trying to delete it directly also doesn’t work as it needs extra permissions to delete.

So I have no clue why this thing won’t install. It’s extremely annoying.

Edit: I already tried the unblock in properties thing a google search of the error gives, the installer doesn't have that unblock option.

Comments

• Roxana G
    Options

On 8/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, llREDACTEDll said:

So I uninstalled bitdefender free version because I was having some issue I don’t remember but now when I try to reinstall it I get a “can’t copy install error” it partially installs and sometimes pops up with a login but if I log in nothing happens trying to open the software via the start menu just deletes the shortcut because it connects to nothing.

If I try to uninstall bitdefender agent, it deletes it but uninstalling “bitdefender antivirus free” it pops up with “windows cannot find c:\program files\bitdefender antivirus free\kitinstaller\BPinstaller.exe” make sure you typed it correctly and try again.

Going to that folder and trying to delete it directly also doesn’t work as it needs extra permissions to delete.

So I have no clue why this thing won’t install. It’s extremely annoying.

Edit: I already tried the unblock in properties thing a google search of the error gives, the installer doesn't have that unblock option.

Hi,

Use the uninstall tool below and after that try again to install Bitdefender: http://www.bitdefender.com/files/KnowledgeBase/file/BD_Free_Uninstall_Tool.exe

If you still cannot install after running this uninstall tool, please send us a Support Tool log at bitsy@bitdefender.com.