Bitdefender Total Security 2008

Hello! First time here & I have a question. I downloaded the trial version of BD Total security 2008 a little over a week ago from BitDefender's site. I've been happy with it & was going to purchase the 1yr 3pc download before the trial period ended. However, I ended up ordering it from an online vendor. It was a promotionally priced 2yr/ 3pc's CD-ROM for a great price. Here is my question. When I receive the CD-ROM I assume I will have to do a remove program first of the trial version. Correct? If I had gone with the downloaded purchase I'm guessing it would have just updated the trial version to a completed purchase version of the software.

Thanks for any input about this. I'm kind of new at this & want to make sure I do it right. One more thought about the removal. Do I need a special removal tool from BD to remove the trial version or just use my computers add/remove option?

Thanks again

Comments

• Hello! First time here & I have a question. I downloaded the trial version of BD Total security 2008 a little over a week ago from BitDefender's site. I've been happy with it & was going to purchase the 1yr 3pc download before the trial period ended. However, I ended up ordering it from an online vendor. It was a promotionally priced 2yr/ 3pc's CD-ROM for a great price. Here is my question. When I receive the CD-ROM I assume I will have to do a remove program first of the trial version. Correct? If I had gone with the downloaded purchase I'm guessing it would have just updated the trial version to a completed purchase version of the software.

Thanks for any input about this. I'm kind of new at this & want to make sure I do it right. One more thought about the removal. Do I need a special removal tool from BD to remove the trial version or just use my computers add/remove option?

Thanks again

No, when you get the CD the CD holder will have a registration number on it. Just enter that when the splash screen comes up at startup (Register button) and you'll be set.

• Hello shilo,

To clarify things when you purchase BitDefender on the web or in a store. It are all trial versions that come with a 30 days trial key. You don't need to remove the trial version and use the cd-rom. Because the chance is high that the version that is shipped on the cd-rom is an older build than the trial version you used. What you have to do is the following start BitDefender again once you are in the BitDefender Security Center press on register. You can choose if you still want to use the remaining days of your trial license or select register the product now enter your license key and press next.

Best regards

Niels

• No, when you get the CD the CD holder will have a registration number on it. Just enter that when the splash screen comes up at startup (Register button) and you'll be set.

Thank you for your help. Makes it a whole lot easier.

Shilo

• Hello shilo,

To clarify things when you purchase BitDefender on the web or in a store. It are all trial versions that come with a 30 days trial key. You don't need to remove the trial version and use the cd-rom. Because the chance is high that the version that is shipped on the cd-rom is an older build than the trial version you used. What you have to do is the following start BitDefender again once you are in the BitDefender Security Center press on register. You can choose if you still want to use the remaining days of your trial license or select register the product now enter your license key and press next.

Best regards

Niels

Niels, thank you for your reply. This makes it a whole lot easier than what I thought I had to do.

Sincerely, Shilo

• Hello shilo,

Also your license only start to count from the day you registered it. You are welcome.

Best regards,

Niels

• Hello shilo,

Also your license only start to count from the day you registered it. You are welcome.

Best regards,

Niels

It means that as long as you have a trial version, you can use it FREE !

It has the same functionality as a licenced version !

Unless you need direct support, don't rush to register and wait untill the trial version is about to expire, delaying your license for 30 days more