Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

****** error on attempt to sign in to bitdefender account.

Options

Installed Bitdefender Free, install completes but on trying to sign in to the Bitdefender Account I get the attached ****** error.

I've used "The_New_Bitdefender_UninstallTool.exe" to completely remove it, reboot and reinstalled, but got the same outcome. I've set the IE 11 compatibility view to not set Intranet sites to compatiility mode and IE seems to be running in 11 Mode. This is on Windows 10 1903 18362.356

Any ideas?

bd_free_signin_error.png

Comments

• Stefan I.
    Options

Hi /index.php?/profile/217539-newtondeadface/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217539" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217539-newtondeadface/" rel="">@NewtonDeadface,

The error in question shows up for devices missing this registry entry for IE:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION

We recommend contacting Microsoft's support team on this topic.

Make sure to mention the registry entry in question when contacting them to get better results.

Have a great day ahead!

• Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the rapid response - I checked the path and there was no FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION key at all. Just creating that key alone (didn't add any specific values) was enough to resolve the issue and i'm all protected now.

Thanks again, and have a good day yourself!

Newt

• !me
    Options

On 10/1/2019 at 3:16 PM, NewtonDeadface said:

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the rapid response - I checked the path and there was no FEATURE_BROWSER_EMULATION key at all. Just creating that key alone (didn't add any specific values) was enough to resolve the issue and i'm all protected now.

Thanks again, and have a good day yourself!

Newt

That helped me with the exact same issue, thanks.

• Glad to hear this got solved!

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.