FYI VMBox + Office 2013 + BitDefender Free = problems

Hello.

After installing Windows 7 64bit and BitDefender(BD) Free license I installed Office 2013 and discovered that I can't start ANY program from the MS suite, The error code was 0xc0000005 : "The application cannot start..."

After banging my head against the walls for 24 hours and trying all advice I could find and also reinstalling my kit and a second one(MS Office 2010) several times I finally considered deactivating BD and BINGO, that did it.

The behavior is still very strange to me: if I deactivate BD, start one Office program and I reactivate BD I can use the MS app normally; there is no trace of BD blocking the MS app as is the case when malware is found and blocked.

Using exclusions won't work both at file or entire Office folder level so I simply off the protection, open the program and then I activate protection. back..

Comments

• Hello.

The plot actually thickens: on a second laptop I installed the same BD Free license on a fresh Windows 7 64bit installation and again any app from Office wouldn't start unless BD is deactivated...I can live with that but maybe somebody from Support team might be interested...

• Hello,

Please let us know the Bitdefender and Office build versions you have installed.

Also, please update Microsoft Office and check if the issue persists.

• CatalinS
    edited October 2019

Hello.

After fully updating Office the issue is gone.

Thank you.

• ...only to strike back a few days later: again Word and Excel won't start if protection is ON but work as expected if it's OFF.

BD product info: 1.0.15.141 last updated on 10/17/2019 | Antimalware engine7.82626

Office: 15.0.5163.1000

Thank you.

• Hello,

Please send us an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com with the information written in this thread. 

Thank you!

• On 10/19/2019 at 5:36 PM, CatalinS said:

Done

Hello,

I have sent you an email. We will continue the conversation via email.