Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows 98se

Options

Greetings gang, I can't seem to get anyone on the phone, to answer a simple question. Will Bit Defender operate on my old PC that uses windows 98 second edition. Would appreciate a reply . I will log in to this forum sometime this weekend. Thank You for any help on this subject!! The Drifter is logging out, and sacking out.

Comments

• From the documentation...

1.1. System Requirements

For proper functioning of the product, before installation, make sure that one of the

following operating systems runs on your computer and that the corresponding system

requirements are met:

■ Operating platform: Windows 2000 SP4 / XP SP2 32b & 64b / Vista 32b & 64b;

Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)

■ Supported e-mail clients: Microsoft Outlook 2000 / 2003 / 2007; Microsoft Outlook

Express; Microsoft Windows Mail; Thunderbird 1.5 and 2.0

• Niels
    Options

Hello anotherday,

The latest BitDefender version that supported windows 98 se was version 10. More specificly BitDefender Antivirus 10 and BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10. But these versions aren't being sold anymore only the free version is still available.

Best regards

Niels

• drifter
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Hello anotherday,

The latest BitDefender version that supported windows 98 se was version 10. More specificly BitDefender Antivirus 10 and BitDefender Antivirus Plus 10. But these versions aren't being sold anymore only the free version is still available.

Best regards

Niels

Thanks to all for the fast reply, if I can't use Bit Defender, is there any other anti-virus program that one of the group knows of, that runs under Windows 98 Second Edition? Hate to keep nagging you with this question, but my 2007 program is just about over with. And I am not having much luck checking out the various websites offering anti-virus material. If you have some spare time, please reply! Thanks again for your help, and enjoy the weekend. Our's has been thunderstorms, high wind and rain.

Drifter out!

crysty2k5's EDIT: posts merged

• Niels
    Options

Hello anotherday,

Check this link. There you will find some antiviruses that are compatible with windows 98se. I hope this helps.

Best regards

Niels

• drifter
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Thanks to all for the fast reply, if I can't use Bit Defender, is there any other anti-virus program that one of the group knows of, that runs under Windows 98 Second Edition? Hate to keep nagging you with this question, but my 2007 program is just about over with. And I am not having much luck checking out the various websites offering anti-virus material. If you have some spare time, please reply! Thanks again for your help, and enjoy the weekend. Our's has been thunderstorms, high wind and rain.

Drifter out!

Hello again, and a big thank you for sending me the link with all those anti-virus sites. I will be working my way through them, in the next few days. Another wet and windy day in Central Wisconsin. But we did have some bright spots during the day. Well its time to try some of these sites, and if I do find one that works for me, I will share the information with your Forum. Thanks again. Drifter is out for the day. Cheers to All.