Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How Bitdefender knows my passwords?

Pikachuxd
edited February 2022 in General Topics

Hello,

Bitdefender Internet Security informed that some of my passwords like windows user pass and router/wifi password are weak. How Bitdefender get access to these passwords?

Thanks,

Comments

• On 9/8/2019 at 2:14 PM, Pikachuxd said:

Hello,

Bitdefender Internet Security informed that some of my passwords like windows user pass and router/wifi password are weak. How Bitdefender get access to these passwords?

Thanks,

Hello,

Bitdefender does not know the password you have, however, if the password is weak(meaning that it does not have the length of 8 characters and containing  letters, symbols and  numbers) such a notification might be prompted.

Bitdefender automatically checks your system for vulnerabilities and alerts you about them. It scans for the following:

● outdated apps on your computer.

● missing Windows updates.

● weak passwords to Windows user accounts.

● not secured wireless networks and routers.

Bitdefender provides two easy ways to fix the vulnerabilities of your system:

● You can scan your system for vulnerabilities and fix them step by step using the Vulnerability Scan option.

● Using automatic vulnerability monitoring, you can check and fix detected vulnerabilities in the Notifications window.

• Hello Roxana,

How is possible that Bitdefender knows if my passwords contain letters, symbols, numbers and how long are these passwords? I suppose that passwords are under operating system or internet browser control. How Bitdefender check that are strong or not without knowing them? 

• Hello /index.php?/profile/217396-pikachuxd/&do=hovercard" data-mentionid="217396" href="<___base_url___>/index.php?/profile/217396-pikachuxd/" rel="">@Pikachuxd,

The Operating System retains certain information from the local network profile, through which a password strength score is calculated. 

• when will wallet be able to autofill on a dependable basis? I complained since I have had your product- july 2018- to no avail

I have attached the result of a newly added website in wallet. So is it your product or firefox? Some work some dont.

Very frustrating.

BDWallet.jpg