DMZ/ Gaming Host

Hello. . Wondering how i can get my PC to be open to the internet to host some PC Games. IS there any way to set it to be in a dmz or something that will forward all packets to my main pc? I have the Bitdefender BOX 2. and one Netgear 750/wnd4000 router set to AP. Thank You.

Comments

• ATL_VM
    ATL_VM
    edited April 2020

You have router set to AP, need to know the main router for your internet connection. There is a setting for DMZ in the firewall settings for the main router (maybe you have xfinity or uverse). Those routers have a way to change port forward \ DMZ. Contact your ISP they can help you. However you don't need to put in in DMZ just allow the port in port forwarding. No need to expose your entire PC to internet for a game. Just allow the port (or range) to your PC.

Most games are friendlier than they were a few years ago, everyone understands security and privacy.

If you can't get it to work go to game developer page for your game, and see if they have a forum. They can probably guide you from there. If not get support from game developer to find out how you can make it work. I am pretty sure that can you avoid DMZ.