Unable to set connection as home wifi and/or remove it as public

Well, good day and thanks in advance for the attention.

I'm facing a stubborn configuration issue at the Wi-fi Security Advisor section of the program.

My connection is listed as public and I am unable to set it as home wifi, no matter what I do.

I disconnect my notebook, connect it again, but my wifi ssid keeps pilling up on the Home WiFi area, but with gray sign icons. When I click ADD a new one, I can see my network (with blue sign icon), but it just won't get add.

I try to put it as office wifi, just as a test, also with no success.

On the other side, when I take a look at the public network area, my wifi is there, blue icon and all, but won't get removed.

I understand that the program, when facing only one available connection, won't allow you to simply remove it - only if others were there. But the program is also not letting me change the network status as home, from public (and office, as said before).

And when I disconnect my notebook, I can remove the wifi as public when offline as well. And as soon as I connect again, the home wifi gets one more ssid pilled up and my network goes back to public.

I tried the chat support but with no results.

Sorry if this was already questioned here but I could not find. Thanks again.

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Can you share the image of public wi-fi section

Regards

Flex

(Bitdefender beta tester 2019/ 2020)

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• No problem.

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

In total how many connections do you have with name valinor, or is it that whenever you connect your notebook with wifi, a new ssid is generated and bitdefender automatically assigns it home/ public network. If this is the case, then the situation is little weird & you may need advance solution to rectify your issue.

For this you will have to drop an email to bitdefender support at bitsy@bitdefender.com to help you get rid of this issue.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Exactly the second guess you've wrote. Only one Valinor network. But every time I turn it off and bring it on again it piles up.

I'll try the e-mail, then. Many thanks.