So It Seems The Security Widget Is Gone For Good?

Answers

• I received this reply "Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us.

I truly regret to hear of your unsatisfactory experience with Bitdefender and hope you will accept my sincerest apologies. I agree that this situation is disappointing and would like to inform you that one of our top priorities is customer satisfaction.

I would appreciate the chance to make things right as soon as possible and to improve your experience with us.

please let me know if that would be alright with you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Have a nice day!"

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited November 2020

Hi Member,

This is a generic reply from the support team. In layman's term, they just thanked you for providing feedback. No one knows if the feedback will be shared with the development team. And even if gets shared, we all are aware of the current response of the development team.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Always the same speech within the support to believe that their speech disturbs just to speak about the Widget, the developers begin to understand that an error has been made? it's a shame the small return of support here communication at Bitdefender zero

• Totally agree we need the widget for all the reasons stated - instant view for amateurs

• I will not renew my subscription just because BD decided to remove the widget. I will do it because I do not like when the seller is treating me like a horse shit. Customer satisfaction is not on your priority list dear BD, so... Thank you.

• Hi everyone!

Bit late to the party and I'm sorry about that. But I have made a compilation of some of your replies to this thread along with @Gauthey's link for the petition and I will send it to our product managers to start a discussion over the changes that have been brought by this decision to remove the widget.

I know sometimes change is met with resistance and that's perfectly understandable! It may not always seem obvious (this being one of the cases) but whenever change happens, it is with the user's best interest in mind.

I'm hoping that I'll get a reply back to you in a timely manner on this and further develop a productive discussion on this topic.

Thanks!

• Hello sir

I don't think removing the Widget is in the interests of users, especially since it was very, very convenient and could quite live with the new features of Bitdefender.

Moreover, this Widget was not activated by default, we could choose to activate it or not.

Many tests have been carried out by my team, it fits perfectly.

In addition, Windows has just confirmed to me that the metro interface no longer exists since Windows 10.

• Flexx

Thank You for the reply @Andy_BD

Will wait for the response from the relevant team.

Regards

Flex

• I'm a BD customer for, maybe, over 10 years. I not only liked the widget, but I frequently used it to check/drop downloaded apps and files before opening them. I found it extremely convenient, helpful and informative. And I totally agree with the above people/opinions! It's ridiculous to take it away to "save resources", when one has the option to have it or not! I further consider it disrespectful from devs towards customers to do something without a simple survey. Very bad attitude for me. Please, bring it back.

• Save me! Help me ! Request my return share this video as much as possible

• this thing is abbusive, and is up to the company's choice to bring it back or not, stop this shitty propaganda which will never resolve anything, think about that no av company has an widget and stop crying that you will switch the av provider for this reason

• This is your opinion and not the opinion of the people who use it, if you don't care, there is no problem, we do not do it, it is precisely because there is rare people who still have a Widget that we want to maintain, now it's up to you to like it or not, we won't bother you with what you want or not thank you!

• I'll see what you say if people take things that you just paid for with your subscription to take it away from you, and even force you to update it without any possibility that you will lose what you bought that functionality was based on what we had purchased.

Now whether you agree or not I don't care at all, I will defend this cause until reconsideration of this one

• Flexx
    edited November 2020

Hi Member,

If you are not in favor of getting the widget back, kindly do not post any comments in the required post. The post is only meant for the people who want the widget to comeback. Everyone is free to provide their feedback on the forum be it 100 times or 1000 times. You are not authorised to tell other user as to what they should do and what they should not until it is in the boundaries of the forum. Otherwise also the authorization is only in the hand of forum administrator @Andy_BD or bitdefender staff @Alex D.

Let's for example, how about if bitdefender removes the signature based detection from bitdefender product and ask you that we will totally rely on cloud based detection for which you need 24*7 internet connectivity & if you are at some place where there is no internet connectivity available and you insert an infected USB on your PC/ Notebook, we will not be blamed if your system gets infected.

or

If your system gets infected with a particular ransomware and you tell research team to release detection since it is a ransomware, & they say we will not create one, because according to us the infection rate of that ransomware is less or we think the detection is not necessary since the ransomware is very old and not active in the wild. And somehow in future your system again gets infected with the same ransomware, you will either change your vendor or write to support that I have paid for the product and hence I should receive complete protection from all the threats.

So kindly refrain from commenting in the post, if you are not interested. I hope this makes sense to you.

Regards

Flex

• ozziebear
    ozziebear ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

@FLEXX

Your long winded explanation makes absolutely no sense to me. While I am in favor of seeing the widget return, I must point out that this is a discussion, not a petition and as such, people who disagree also have a right to be heard. You Flexx, are not the one who decides who can and cannot post here.

• Hello,

It is a dissusion for the return of the Widget not on those who do not wish it if a person does not wish it which opens its own subject of dissension, because the petition is also the subject of the moment :)

People who do not agree can express themselves but why do so on a subject that is only for the return of the Widget? It does not make sense to criticize his return on a subject which is precisely for his return.

• Here is the impossible to stop Bitdefender updates, improvements and important changes, we will see if the widget is returned :)

• Flexx
    edited November 2020

The english translation of above message :

An update bringing improvements and correcting some problems is being installed. Bitdefender services restarting during the process. At the end of this operation, you will be able to benefit from all the latest improvements.

Regards

Flex

• Yes of course but what are its changes during 5min I was hoping to see the Widget again, it only lasted 5min

• Flexx

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Thanks to the implementation of the old files of the Security Widget taken from the 2020 version, we have managed to reproduce it on the 2021 version by just integrating its files into the 2021 product.

This is therefore quite possible and took my team 3 hours to achieve it, this shows how easily it is possible to relocate it.

It also shows that it is quite possible for Bitdefender to integrate it directly into the 2021 version.

• Here we have succeeded after more than 3 hours of work to reintegrate the Security Widget in the 2021 version of the program, we have indeed taken the ****** and code present in the 2020 version.

This also shows that it is quite possible to Bitdefender to integrate it directly into version 2021.

• My team just needs to recover the files present in the 2020 version to make the widget compatible in the 2021 version nothing more, hence the fact that Bitdefender takes so long to reinstate it, the manipulation is simple.

• I don't work for BItdefender otherwise the Widget will never go away, we just took files from Bitdefender 2020.

• OK I still don't know who we is and now this helps in anyway regarding getting it back. Are you going to share this software hack.

• There is no hacking these are only files present in Bitdefender 2020 which have simply been put in BItdefender 2021 we did nothing more

• Flexx
    edited November 2020

@Gauthey

Nice one !

Sharp thinking ! It does works !

Still temporary but you can call it a loophole in the 2021 product line since files created for 2020 product line worked for 2021 product line also. I guess you found a bug/ vulnerability in the 2021 product line. You can also try the same for kaspersky, lol

Regards

Flex

• Bitdefender's system has been based on the same principle with files for many years, Perhaps this flaw will allow the quick reinstatement of the Bitdfender Security Widget.

• I just wanted to add my voice to the outcry over the loss of the widget. I agree that the widget set Bitdefender apart from other protection programs. I also agree that the excuse of "resources" is lame. No one had to use the widget if they didn't want to. If Bitdefender is upfront and honest with users about which components are causing computer lags, then users can decide for themselves if this feature or that one can be sacrificed. Sometimes reinventing the wheel makes no sense. That widget made me feel safe, every day. It was obvious and in your face, just as it was intended to be. Developers should have surveyed the Bitdefender user population before killing off such an important feature. Users should have been able to have a say. That's how successful companies operate. They listen and then they respond. I want the widget back. I am not technically savvy, like so many commenters here, so getting it back on my own through a hack is not likely. But it simply shouldn't have to be that way. Bitdefender should step up and do the right thing. Like others, I have no reason to stay with Bitdefender without it. It was quite literally my security blanket. Each year, Bitdefender adds something new that I don't want or need, and charges more for the privilege of doing so. If the widget is to be permanently gone, Bitdfender is going to have to provide a better reason than "resources". This was a terrible decision. And finally, if there were in fact not that many users utilizing the widget, it's likely that the reason had nothing to do with resources. It was likely that they either didn't know to activate it, or, that the widget wouldn't stay put (which I experienced early on). I don't believe that it was because users just didn't want it. Bitdefender, if you are listening, do the right thing, please.

• I agree, the widget should not have been removed, the option was always there to turn it off if not required

• I read a lot of comment here on this topic. Also i am surpised at the view Bitdefender is taking. Here another request to put the widget back!!! Seems simple enough.. Also as a company you have to listen to your customers, because else you simply lose them..

• Yes, sometimes some companies don't realize the value that a simple and preferred personal security widget can have removed without a real explanation.

• My BD apparently automatically updated to the 2021 version and I DO NOT LIKE NO WIDGET!!!! As there appears to be many users on here leaving comments about the widget being a really useful tool, could I please ask which other total security products you would recommend rather than BD? Thank you.

• You can also request the return of the Widget written to support and sign this petition

kaspersky is one of the best

• Flexx

Well, there are many products, but when it comes down to protection, below are the recommendations.

Largest signature database (detection created by malware researchers) : Bitdefender

Largest cloud database (which requires 24 hours of internet connectivity) : Kaspersky

First to detect newly emerging threats : ESET

Best PUP/ PUA detection : ESET & Malwarebytes

Best ransomware detection : Bitdefender

Best malicious/ phishing website blocking : Bitdefender, Kaspersky & Malwarebytes

Additionally some more information. Vendors using other AV engine in their product for malware detection.

1) ZoneAlarm (from Checkpoint) uses kaspersky database

2) Emsisoft, Bullguard, GDATA, IObit Malware fighter, eScan, VIPRE, Total Defense, Tencent, Quick Heal, Ad Aware uses bitdefender database

3) F-Secure, Glary Malware hunter, Qihoo 360 uses Avira database

4) AVG uses Avast database.

Rest all AV vendors have their own database.

The classification has been provided. Now it is upto you to decide.

Regards

Flex

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

You can go back and download the 2020 version of Bitdefender Total Security just download this one http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/connect/cl/2020/all/bitdefender_ts_24_64b .exe

Delete your current version and reinstall the one that says you will have version 2020 again.

Do not download the version via the central otherwise you will have the new version again.

• Flexx

But sooner or later it will be force upgraded to 2021 via automatic updates !

Regards

Flex

• Here is a visual proof that the security widget fits perfectly on the 2021 version you can see that the Widget is well placed on the 2021 version thanks to the change of 2 files

• Alex_A
    Alex_A ✭✭✭

I join those who are missing the security widget. As if something was taken away, something for which I paid. I sent a letter to the support service, I do not know if it will help to return this function or not.

• I have to agree -- the widget was what made Bitdefender so much more than everybody else.Bringh it back. I rely on it. It's why I paid for Bitdefender. Bring it back!

• You can also request the return of the Widget written to support and sign this petition.

https://www.mesopinions.com/petition/autres/introduction-widget-bitdefender/109755

• I finally upgraded my BD and I am too very disappointed and annoyed that such a feature was removed without so much as a comment or whisper to customers. I have just renewed a couple months ago and would not have done so if I had known this was going to happen. I use that widget to help my 65 mother, who is computer illiterate and lives 3 states away. I have had BD get disabled a couple times in the past and if it wasn't for that widget I wouldn't have known right away. If this feature is not brought back before my renewal date I will cancel and go with something else like Kaspersky as another user has said. I have recommended this to my wife, who just happens to be a CFO of an Atlanta based company and uses it on her own computer. She is even more pissed about than I am. I hate to get rid of such a reliable awesome software but if it treats it's customers this way without warning not sure it's a company I want to help keep in business.

In short, bring it back with an option to disable it for those that don't want/like it or I will be saying goodbye when scription is up.

Thanks and God Bless

Bruce