Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Any Know Virus That Selectively Chnages Keyboard Mapping ?[solved]

Options
ThomasAn
edited June 2008 in Malware talk

Everything works fine on my PC unless I open certain programs (like Illustrator) and after I perform a certain operation the keyboard mapping changes like in the image. When I minimize the app the keyboard goes to normal. There are a couple of other apps the give me this behavior

keyboardweirdchangehn5.gif

Does this sound like a virus ? ... or something else ?

(Nothing comes up in a scan though).

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2008
    Options

Post here a Hiajackthis log !

Instructions: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=5668

• ThomasAn
    edited June 2008
    Options

Ok ... it is NOT a virus. I have been able to isolate what causes it. It seems that the ALT+Shift combination triggers it and any application that uses such combination becomes affected.

I just don't know yet which Windows option is the culprit ... maybe something in accessibility options ... I don't know yet.

Ok ... it is NOT a virus. I have been able to isolate what causes it. It seems that the ALT+Shift combination triggers it and any application that uses such combination becomes affected.

I just don't know yet which Windows option is the culprit ... maybe something in accessibility options ... I don't know yet.

SOLVED.

Left ALT+SHIFT = Switch input languages or keyboard layouts (available and configurable

when the user installed multiple keyboard layouts through Regional and Language Options

in Control Panel).

It seems there were a few language layouts setup in my system that I wasn't aware

of. So each time the ALT+leftSHIFT combination was being pressed Windows was cycling

between four input languages. After deleting the extra ones everything is back to

normal.

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited June 2008
    Options

Ok.

Solved !

Topic closed !

If you want this to be opened, send me a PM !

This discussion has been closed.