So It Seems The Security Widget Is Gone For Good?

1235»

Answers

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Hello

@Andy_BD @BogdanB_BD @Adriana_S

The whole Widget mobilization team would like him to come back for Christmas, it is already because it would be a good proof of the team of developers towards the users who have not left anything for more than 6 months and it will be a very nice gift from Bitdefender.

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

Stay informed day after day of the progress of the Widget's return

And tomorrow a very interesting article on the real reason for his withdrawal, and the real reasons for his return and you will have why Bidefender wait until the first strimester to make him come back.

@BogdanB_BD & @Andy_BD are still waiting for us the reasons why the widget comes back that

for the first strimester and why not update it immediately to reintroduce it.

Rumor has it that in March it was a joke?

• I also agree that the widget should be reinstated. I am one of 3 senior users that wait for that all clear to begin using the internet, etc. Also the fact that there is a pop up of any messages that might need some attention, rather than having to go and check on them is a benefit. My spouse is even less computer literate than I am and I have asked him to wait for the green check always; I hate to think if I had to try to explain to him how to open the program....he's more or less not allowed lol or we always seem to have problems.

I am not fond of the appearance either and when I tried to enter the link from my screen to the user's guide in the support section it was broken and I got a 404 error message! From your notes you say the changes were made for efficiency, however it seems many people do not think this is more efficient. Please listen to your customers and if you really want to know how they feel take a poll on the widget returning. And please fix the broken link.

• I'd too would like the widget back.

• I want the widget back. I was looking off and on in Windows and Bitdefender settings trying to figure out on how to turn this feature back on. I too like many on here feel unimportant when so many have asked for something back and BD's ducking out on answering the call to reinstate or put it out there they don't care what we write hear in the forums and they're not putting it back. I still have a year left on BD subscription, after this is up I will re-evaluate my decision to stay with them. I really do like BD above others in the past. So much so, I have been faithfully using them since 2014. In all these years, I have never had to login to the forums to find a resolution to an issue and post that I too, like so many here want the widget back. I would like to see what AV Comparitives rates next years security software companies. Honestly, how many posts will it take to get a response? My next action will be to escalate this beyond forums and contact them directly to express my view on the widget. Seems petty when I read this aloud, but its about pleasing your customers.

• Hello, it is we who made a massive mobilization for the return of the Widget, you may not have seen it but Bitdefender will reinstate the Security Widget from 2021.

They acknowledged their mistake, but it would have been better not to delete it and ask the users for their opinion.

You can see if his return has been officially announced.

The mobilization community on the Security Widget!

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

2021 to ring the hour for the return of the Widget also friends, long live the year 2021, long live the return of the magnificent security Widget version 2021.

• Please bring back the Widget!!!

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

It is with immense joy that we are proud to announce, thanks to a developer at Bitdefender, the return of the security Widget tomorrow on a global scale after 6 months of absence and after a massive mobilization of users the return of the Security Widget!

It is scheduled for tomorrow but will take a few days to arrive!

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

The return of the Widget has been deployed, it may already be available at some here :)

Long live the new Security Widget and long live Bitdefender again

• Has anyone had the update with the widget yet?

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited September 2023

Not yet, may be they would have been finalizing and doing a final testing before releasing it in the wild. @BogdanB_BD, @Andy_BD, any update to when the worldwide product update will be available.

Regards

Flex

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Usually updates arrive fairly quickly and nothing is strange especially since Bogdan has said he will let us know once the immediate date is known.

There is still a positive point is that they removed the notion of Widget in this article

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

The update is coming tomorrow January 18th, told me technical support, there was a delay in the update

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

@BogdanB_BD @Andy_BD

The update system crap I'm only at version 25.0.10.52 while it looks like the latest version is 25.0.14.55. Except an update took place this evening at 22:21 but still nothing is the version 25.0.10.52 which has been updated.

Has someone received the latest update and can upload a screenshot of the Widget presence in order to win the petition?

I had to wait almost 2 months for the last update when I removed the Widget, it had been removed in July and I had the update in October. So guys we're not ready to have it.

As long as I do not have his return in front of me, we will continue the mobilization

• Yesterday I received the update including the widget.

Congratulations to all of us

• I'm still waiting on the update. Question: is the widget still in setting?

• AnotherDave
    AnotherDave ✭✭✭
    edited January 2021

Completely uninstalled BDTS, rebooted, made sure all Windows Updates and Driver Updates are current, made sure all browsers (Edge, Chrome, FireFox) are updated to latest version, re-installed BDTS from Central. Still no widget.

And on a side-note - Search Advisor does not work in any browser. No "TrafficLight" icons next to links in search results. Even tried installing / enabling TrafficLight extension on all browsers and in both Google and Bing results. No joy. This has been an on-and-off issue with BDTS for years now. smh...

Using Bitdefender Total Security. Paying BD customer since 2012

• Gauthey
    Gauthey ✭✭✭

On our side still nothing and February 1 is fast approaching, Bitdefender will he keep their promise nothing is less certain

• ash55
    ash55 ✭✭
    edited January 2021

Indeed!.I installed Windows 10 today on a PC and downloaded Bitdefender via my account and no widget. Nothing on my other PC as well!

• Dear all,

as already commented I received the latest update including widget, earlier this week. Pls see below

• @VictorK - you got lucky to get it early, but thanks for letting us all know that it really is coming to fruition. Lots of us are still waiting and checking updates every day in hopes to see it arrive.

• on my side still no update received and we are the first of february

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

Can confirm the widget is back for me,version is 25.0.14.58.

• Flexx

As per the image shared by @VictorK in above comments your version has the availability of the widget. Kindly check his comment above.

Regards

Flex

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

Yes Flexx i know,i'm confirming it's in that version,no idea why you jumped on me.

• Thanks for the confirmation @k70 (and also @VictorK )

My BDTS is still stuck on version 25.0.10.52 , even after uninstall / re-install from Central , on all PC's. Really would like it if BD could provide a link to get the new version.

• k70
    k70 ✭✭✭

I have silent update turned off and didn't reinstall.A message popped up with the product update.I updated and had to restart,then i manually turned on the widget by right clicking on the bitdefender icon.

• Flexx

Sorry, I misunderstood your comment. I thought you wanted to know if widget is available in the stated version by you.

Regards

Flex

• Flexx

Some information on latest build by bitdefender support. I guess we will still have to wait.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/32196/

Regards

Flex

• I uninstalled Bitdefender only yesterday because I was doing a major W10 update and it was recommended to do this! Anyway that aside I reinstalled via bitdefender central and got version 25.010.25. Seems odd they don't have the latest build on their downloads.

• Flexx

Even I also have the same version installed on my another PC. Tried installing BTS with US vpn server & still had the same version. Sounds weird. We will have to wait, because we cannot argue on the thing that bitdefender have not released the widget, since some people have it available now. So, I guess we need to wait for specific batch updates & no one is for sure in which batch category update will our PC will be ranked.

Regards

Flex

• I had the update this morning UK. The power of the people! 😎. I hope you all get it soon!

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭

The security widget is back on my computer. I got the update here in Canada this morning.

Thank you to Bitdefender for listening to your customers and restoring the Security Widget. I also appreciate the efforts of my fellow Bitdefender who lobbied so hard, and in such numbers, that we were heard. Thanks especially to @Gauthey .

I am a happy camper once again! Have a great day.

Regards,

-Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Flexx

Finally it's back !

Regards

Flex

• Thanks to my mobilization team since September until now we have had a battle every day in the development department that had to be undertaken and of course spam the forum and the various Bitdefender platforms to succeed in being heard.

But in the end it is together community that we have all succeeded because without all of us THERE IS NOTHING TO FORGET THE USER AND THE MAIN VICTOR.

• The Widget is back as of February 2021 Go to Settings and click on "Security Widget."

• YES!! Finally, new version arrived on all PC's.

Really good to see that "heartbeat" again, all you have to do to enable / disable it is right-click on the BD icon in the task bar.

Great effort everyone! :)

• It has just appeared on my system today!! How the little things make you happy 😀

• Cheers Gauthey. It has just appeared on my system today!! How the little things make you happy 😀

• flunssa
    flunssa ✭✭
    edited February 2021

Hello,

Is it possible to choose the place of the widget on the screen ?

Mine is blocked on the upper left corner.

EDIT: Oups, OK solved, only click and drop😉