Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Reports Issues To Fix But There Are None!

Options

Can anyone help please?

I have searched the forums and google but to no avail!

I formatted my PC yesterday and did a clean install of x64 Vista SP1

I have loaded BD IS 2008 and configured it accordingly - however, in the system tray the red icon still reports that "2 issues require your attention". But when I open BD there are no issues to fix! - everything is configured and I get 4 big green ticks to say so.

Even before I formatted I would always get at least 1 issue to fix when there were none.

Why is this and how do i fix it please?

Cheers, smithee

BD has been playing up a lot lately i've noticed - not good!!

post-13955-1213872621_thumb.jpg

post-13955-1213872671_thumb.jpg

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    Options

Did you update BD ?!

Do you use proxy ?!

• Niels
    Options

Hello smithee,

This can happen when BitDefender services doesn't respond for a few seconds. The problem should solve itself. It could that you see the message BitDefender Virus shield unavailable. That is why you see 2 errors reported but you will not see the colour change once you are in the BitDefender Security Center.

Best regards,

Nierls

• smithee
    Options

Hi - thanks

In response to crysty - I've seen this proxy thing before in the only other post to this problem but I have no idea what it means. I need this explining in basic language i'm afraid.

In response to neils - the problem never corrects itself - it is always there. It was always there before too (although reported only 1 issue to fix). In fact as far as I can remeber it has always been there from day one. I cannot believe it has much to do with my pc's general environment as I often format as I am a keen hardware upgrader.

Any more help would be welcome.

Thanks.

• smithee
    Options

Here is the fix !!!!...at last

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

In order to overcome this inconvenience please open BitDefender and click on

the Parental Control icon. In here you'll have to remove all the checkmarks

that are under the Monitor column and close BitDefender.

Best regards,

Tudor Florescu

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

• Niels
    Options

Hello smithee,

Thanks for posting the other cause. When I had it than it was related to what I told you. But because I don't use parental control I had it disabled. It's also strange because if you never had configured these options you should have seen red or grey colour.

Kind regards,

Niels

• rontth@hotmail.com
    edited June 2008
    Options
    Here is the fix !!!!...at last

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your interest in our security solution, BitDefender.

In order to overcome this inconvenience please open BitDefender and click on

the Parental Control icon. In here you'll have to remove all the checkmarks

that are under the Monitor column and close BitDefender.

Best regards,

Tudor Florescu

BitDefender Technical Support Engineer

Having same problem as you, but in my case I have to uncheck update older than 1 day, antispam and antiphishing in PC Security although under Action column its all indicating 'ok'. I think there is a bug in the Bitdefender problem, whether I am using XP or Vista it's still the same.