connection wth activation code non existent

mhesh
edited April 2022 in Install & Updates

Good afternoon,

I wanted to reinstall bitdefender and to go back to a default setup. I uninstalled the software using ccleaner. and when I tried to reinstall Bitdefender software, Bitdefender didn't recognize the assigned activation or the device I wanted to protect.

It appeared that uninstalling Bitdefender broke the link between the email , the device and the activation code. Please help me reestablish those connections...

Sincerely,

MHesh

Comments

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

Hello.

It seems that the device has been released from the Bitdefender central site in advance, but even if you uninstall Bitdefender on the PC side in that process, some data will be in the registry information and Windows installer information on the terminal side. I have personally experienced that the specified phenomenon will occur if it remains.

You can't clean it well with ccleaner, so you'll need to use Bitdefender's uninstall tool as well.

It seems that the uninstall tool will be operated under the safe mode of Windows and you will be asked to confirm the uninstallation of Bitdefender.

Bitdefender Uninstall Tool 2022

* Https://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/bitdefender_uninstall_tool.html

* Https://www.bitdefender.com/links/uninstall_consumer_trial.html

• Steck1108
    Steck1108 Defender of the month

As a supplementary note, in an environment where multiple LAN interfaces and virtual VPN client tools from outside the company are applied to the terminal on which Bitdefender is installed, there are cases where communication and communication with the terminal information of Bitdefender Central cannot be performed properly. There was, so when actually installing Bitdefender, if there is something other than the connected interface, I think it would be better to disable it and try it.

• Hello @mhesh,

The Total Security subscription is active in your Central account. If you have uninstalled Bitdefender from your device and also removed the device from Central (to free up the slot), simply access the Central account associated with your e-mail address and follow the steps described in the article below:

As the subscription is active, the activation code is no longer needed in the installation process, as all installations are managed directly from your Bitdefender Central account.

Let us know if the installation could be completed successfully.

Best regards.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user