Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN LICENCE EXPIRED - BUT I HAVE A VALIDE LICENCE

Options

i've a valid licence that expire next year (bitdefender premium 10 devices). i've a problem with vpn on my personal pc win 11. i can't use VPN, says licence expired. 

. I've tried uninstall and reinstall

. i've tried add licence with my valid licence but, app say error 11

. i can't use vpn on my pc but i can use vpn on others devices

who can help me to solve this problem

thank in advance

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited May 2022
    Options

Generate bitdefender logs (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/)

Share the logs & your query with bitdefender support team by dropping them an email at bitsy@bitdefender.com

The support team will reply back to your query within next 24-48 hours excluding weekends.

Additionally, @Alexandru_BD, @Mike_BD - can you check on this.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @tonino1803,

That's correct, your Premium Security subscription is valid until 2023. On the PC that you are trying to connect to VPN, try the switch account feature:

1. Double-click the Bitdefender shortcut from your Desktop to open the dashboard.

2. Click the account icon in the top right corner of the Bitdefender interface.

3. Click the Switch Account button to change the account linked to the computer.

4. Sign in with the e-mail address and the password of the Central account where the Premium Security license is active. This will refresh the device.

After completing the above instructions, your device should be properly connected and the features of the Bitdefender product will be applied according to the subscription available in the Central account. This means that Premium VPN should become available as well. Keep in mind that the VPN can only be used on 10 devices simultaneously.

Let us know how it goes.

Best regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• tonino1803
    Options

bitdefender logs@Alexandru_BD

tried all, but nothing ... vpn is dead on my pc with win

i share zip generated bitdefender logs

till few days ago vpn runs very very well, without problem. my pc have not change

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

You have two open tickets with our Support Teams. In the latest case, you have also attached the logs. Kindly wait for the engineers to respond.

In the meantime, have you tried to use the switch account function, as suggested above?

Regards

• tonino1803
    Options

@ Alexandru_BD

yes, i have tried to switch several time, but nothing

vpn has run sweetly till few days ago

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Surely, the Support engineers will get to the bottom of this. From my end, I see nothing wrong with your subscription. But then again, I don't really have technical access and you can only find the culprit by looking at the affected device.

Thank you for your patience.

• tonino1803
    Options

sorry

i have tried this solution

downloaded latest bitdefender removal tool 

run it and reboot pc

installed bitdenfender total security and then vpn app

but i have noticed this error twin times 

Hydra.Sdk.Windows.Service.exe error during install , i think perphas this is can cause my problem with vpn

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Kindly share your findings and the above screenshot with the engineers and they will further advise.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards

• tonino1803
    Options

SOLVED

I post here my solution hoping can help somebody that have my identical problem

Undo changes with restore point

System Restore from the Advanced startup environment  

Click the Advanced options button.

Click on Troubleshoot.

Click on Advanced options.

Click on System Restore.

Select the restore point to revert changes and fix problems with the computer.

In my case 09 may latest window patches

Magically vpn runs again sweetly without problems

I’ve updated again windows 11

KB5013943 KB5013628 KB890830

Reboot pc

At first restart first problem

TouchBasedUI error and

vpn error with crash and license expired

At this time i’ve reopened window update window and clicked

Settings app, Advanced startup section - Restart now to reboot  computer in Advanced startup mode

Uninstall latest quality update

vpn runs again sweetly without problems

ps

sorry for my bad english, isn't my native language

• justkirk
    Options

why not send out a fix so your PAYING customers that aren't that savvy don't have to jump through hoops. huge waste of time and now MONEY. any suggestions on another VPN I can buy that doesn't have issues and better customer support??

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thank you @tonino1803 for posting the solution. This is very thoughtful from you, much appreciated.

@justkirk based on my understanding, the issue was related to latest window patches and not the actual VPN.

As a valued provider, we strive to provide our customers an unparalleled level of fast and accurate support. The Support Center is updated with the newest virus descriptions and answers to common questions to help you find answers to your problems in a timely manner. There are also 3 contact channels available for customers to reach our support teams via chat, phone and e-mail and then there's this fantastic community..

To put it in perspective, some antivirus providers don't even offer the possibility to call them and if they do, it's usually through a cumbersome process.

Best regards

• justkirk
    Options

I am not computer savvy... you lost me and I have always been told not to mess with stuff you don't completely understand. is there a link to click and repair??

• tonino1803
    edited May 2022
    Options

workaround to solve problem with patch KB5013943

On May 10th Microsoft released KB5013943,

once installed on Windows 11, it may disable .Net 3.5 and the user will not be able to start the VPN product as my case, product or have trouble installing/uninstalling the product.

You can enable the .NET Framework 3.5 through the Windows Control Panel. This option requires an Internet connection.

1. Press the Windows key
    2. on your keyboard, type "Windows Features", and press Enter. The Turn Windows features on or off dialog box appears.
    3. Select the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) check box, select OK, and reboot your computer if prompted.

now i have os updated and vpn works sweetly

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @tonino1803,

Thank you for sharing your workaround with the community, much appreciated! 👍️

Glad to hear it works as expected now.

Cheers