Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender central

Options

right under my device dashboard there is an ad it appears and says data breach you click for more info and it just tells you how you can get identity protection I'll post a picture.. if this is real and not just a terrible advertisement awesome way to not let someone know anywhere else but here I even ran a account check just before this and it came back with nothing, granted I only pay for total security and the password manager but still a heads up or some information would have been nice

Best Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Grumpy,

I confirm this is a feature that refers to the Digital Identity Protection service available for purchase at the official Bitdefender website.

You can also find out more information in the articles below:

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello @Grumpy,

Please accept my apologies for not replying sooner.

This feature is a new protection layer of the Central account. The registered e-mail address is being scanned to find out if it has been involved in data breaches or not. To find stolen data, Bitdefender scans the dark corners of the web using various methods. Once the data is found, we can alert the person about the breach even if the breach itself includes little or outdated information. If no information is found, the account is considered safe from this point of view. However, if at some point the e-mail address was leaked in a data breach, this raises a concern, since it's still in use and associated with a Central account and there's no way of telling how severe this breach might be or who got the data and for what purpose they intend to use it.

So basically, the antivirus performs this check and gives you the information it has found, raising a red flag free of charge. If you want to know more and take recommended actions to mitigate any risks, it will suggest the paid Digital Identity Protection service that offers so much more.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Grumpy
    Options

Seems quite messed up Bitdefender would use my real email and say that I showed up in a breach as an ad makes me want to drop them