Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

HOW IN THE HELL DO YOU CANCEL??????

Options

BEEN TRYING FOR 3 DAYS AND ALL I GET IS EFFING TIME OUT ERRORS. CALLING THE COPS NEXT. BUNCH OF BULLSHIT!!!

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:

Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.

From my personal experience, Method 1 did and still does the job for stopping the auto-renewal.

Also, you can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription by contacting Customer Support at:

cancel@bitdefender.com

Finally, you may obtain a refund by contacting:

refunds@bitdefender.com

within 30 days of your initial purchase or of the automatic renewal date.

Regards.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Hello @Murray and welcome to our Community! Besides the good advices from @Gjoksi , I want to ask you: where exactly have been getting the timeouts? Leave a link here, please.

thx,

Mike

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    Options

I'm not sure on Murray's end, but I got it with Gjoksi's above article link over the weekend.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Scott

Just checked and the link works fine for me.

Regards.

• I am getting the same time out trying to access customer support. Does anyone have a way to contact these guys?

• Scott
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hi @SNOS1

Try this link, "open in a new tab". If it's slow in loading, close that tab and try it again.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• thanks for the help but it still is not working. Page now loads but still timing out while trying to select my type of product

• Scott
    edited September 2022
    Options

In trying the link from the 2nd post this morning, it was slow loading but on re-opening the tab, the link came through as normal. @Alexandru_BD or @Mike_BD do we have any ideas on what may be causing this? It does seem to be a bit sporadic.

• Mike_BD
    Options

Indeed it does. I've tested yesterday + right now, from work and from home (so different machines and ISPs) and works all right.

We'll keep an eye out and anyway , we're keeping close with the team that developed the support page.

Intel Core i7-7700 @ 3.60Ghz, 64GB DDR4 || Gigabyte nVIDIA GeForce® GTX 1070 G1 8GB || WD Blue NAND 500GB + 1TB

• Scott
    Options
  • Mike_BD
    Options

yeah...unfortunately, now it almost timed out, so this needs further investigation. Support Team has already been informed.

• BigG28
    Options

I cannot access my Central account through the Bitdefender dashboard or from any device. I get a login screen, enter my email, get a password screen and enter my password, and it jumps back to the login screen. ON THIS FORUM I WAS TOLD TO CONTACT YOUR "ENGINEERS," WHICH I DID. They told me this was a known problem and they're working on it. So... FIX IT. Meanwhile I can't check on the automatic update that's supposed to happen in a month, I can't cancel that update, I can't see what it's going to cost me, and I can't even cancel my subscription if I wanted to. I've tried all the so-called "Support" pages and can get just so far before they all time-out.

How can I see what my auto renewal will cost?

How can I cancel auto renewal?

How am I supposed to access my account to change settings?

This just reeks of a company who's taking our money but not supporting its products or services.

• Scott
    edited September 2022
    Options

@BigG28

Try clearing your browser cache, history etc. Try a different browser. Try disabling BD Anti-Tracker in your browser's Extensions if it's enabled.Try going directly to your central account from your cleared browser in the address bar, central.bitdefender.com. Some of the webpage issues have been noted and they are truly seeking to resolve it. They are not trying to take our money and not support us, they really do care about us, the members here, the paid subscribers of their software.

So, try the browser suggestions and maybe in another hour things will work better and you'll be able to log in?

As you probably saw in this thread, the 2nd post by Gjoksi, on how to cancel auto-renewal (subscription).

Regards,

Scott

• BigG28
    Options

Ok, I appreciate your suggestion of turning off Anti-Tracker. That seemed to do the trick and it's something that wasn't suggested to me before. THANK YOU.

And I discovered that if I continue to keep auto-renew, I'll be billed $94.99. But if I cancel my subscription and start a new one, I'll pay $39.97 for the same package. I understand the "first year" deal idea, but a 200+% increase hardly seems fair. So I'm not really buying the "they care for us" notion.

• Scott
    edited September 2022
    Options

BigG28 You're welcome for the help :)

Do I believe they care for their customers, yes, including what this company does behind the scenes, especially during these times for the people of Ukraine. But they are also a business, meant to be profitable and do need to cover their overhead, paying their employees, development, and other expenses in running a business. Most people know that a promotion price is just that, a promotion to encourage you to try their product.

Do I keep auto-renewal (subscription) enabled, no, as through the years I've learned that companies will offer you a better deal than the normal price to stay with them. Same with BD when your subscription gets close to ending. You may not get the same incredibly low price as a promotion, but it will be better than the standard price. My SiriusXM subscription almost doubled from my previous promotion price, I called them and they dropped the price enough for me to re-subscribe. The art of negotiation?

The 2nd half of this post was clear and insightful by Alexandru regarding our conversation. I'll leave it at that. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)