Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking UUP Dump

Options

I had turned off Bitdefender Shield in “Protection Features > Antivirus > Advanced > Bitdefender Shield before starting UUPDump, but it still blocked UUPDump. Copy of Notifications follow:

Bitdefender Shield in “Protection Features > Antivirus > Advanced > Bitdefender Shield before starting UUPDump.

Potentially malicious application blocked an hour ago

Feature: Advanced Threat Defense

Application cmd.exe has been detected as potentially malicious and was blocked. Application path: C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe Command line parameters: "C:\WINDOWS\System32\cmd.exe" /C "C:\UUPDump\uup_download_windows.cmd" Detection ID: SuspiciousBehavior.29A1ABF20922DD85.

Infected file detected an hour ago

Feature: Antivirus

Bitdefender moved a threat to quarantine. File name: C:\UUPDump\uup_download_windows.cmd. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean

I restored the file from quarantine and the program then ran.

Please add UUPDump to the your allowed list, since it is a very popular utility.

Other than the restored file being apparently now exempt from scanning, is there anything else I should I do in adding Exceptions besides the folder C:\UUPDump and file uup_download_windows.cmd that I just added, to Bitdefender to prevent future problems?

Comments