VPN Is Fixed On Automatic And Will Not Allow Me To Change It

harley
edited October 2022 in VPN

VPN Is Fixed On Automatic And Will Not Allow Me To Change It

Comments

• Hello @harley and welcome to the Community!

After checking your Central account, I have noticed that the Premium VPN license is expired since May 2021, thus you are now using the standard version included by default in your Total Security license. In case the Premium VPN subscription expires while your Bitdefender security solution is still valid, the VPN will be reverted to the free plan. The VPN included in your antivirus offers a 200 MB daily traffic quota per device and automatically connects you to the optimal server, without having the possibility to change it. You can purchase the Premium VPN subscription to get unlimited traffic and the option to connect to any available server. The benefits of the Premium version will get unlocked once you activate the subscription. Currently, the Premium VPN subscription is available at a promotional price on the official Bitdefender website.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Coastal_Chance0
    edited October 2022

open your vpn click on settings on the left, then click auto connect then tern off the feature called Startup

• @Coastal_Chance0 'autoconnect' is a different thing, not to be confused with 'automatic'. This means that Bitdefender VPN can automatically be activated in certain situations, depending on your preferences and the operating system you are running. The 'autoconnect' feature is designed to safeguard the user against the perils of unsecured or unencrypted public wireless hotspots. In this particular case, @harley's VPN is set on 'automatic' because the standard license connects automatically to the optimal server and does not offer the option to select a server manually.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user