Bitdefender Extension on Microsoft Edge

I was in my Edge settings and saw that my Malwarebytes extension was active. I searched for Bitdefender extension for Edge and couldn't find one. Is there one? How do I know that Bitdefender is actively protecting me when I use Edge?

Answers

• Hello @PenguinFam and welcome to the Community!

Bitdefender Online Threat Prevention ensures a safe browsing experience by alerting you about potential malicious webpages. Bitdefender provides real-time online threat prevention for:

● Internet Explorer

● Microsoft Edge

● Mozilla Firefox

● Google Chrome

● Safari

● Bitdefender Safepay™

● Opera

To configure Online Threat Prevention settings:

1. Click Protection on the navigation menu on the Bitdefender interface.

2. In the ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION pane, click Settings. In the Web Protection sections, click the switches to turn ON or off.

Web attack prevention blocks threats coming from the internet, including drive-by downloads. 

In Bitdefender, the Search Advisor rates the search results from four major web search engines (Google, Bing, Baidu, Yahoo) to warn against dangerous web pages before you access them. When you do a Google search for example, you will notice a small circle placed next to each search result that indicates whether Bitdefender considers the site reliable or not:

This is a safe page to visit.

!   This webpage may contain dangerous content. Exercise caution if you decide to visit it.

You should not visit this webpage.

Search Advisor will also work with Edge, but in the event the checkmarks are not accurately displayed, you may disable the QUIC protocol (let me know if this is necessary and I can provide further instructions).

Let us know if the information was helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I was not able to follow the instruction.