Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN auto connect

Options

hello there, i use many desktops in my household even laptops and other devices using LAN only connection, i think a nice option to add to the bitdefender VPN is have "auto-connect to VPN on startup on LAN"

sometimes i may restart my PC multiple times and each time i have to manually open the VPN and connect which is very frustrating (same with wifi on laptops) we are paying to use a VPN service so we should have the option to autoconnect on startup so we can take full advantage of the product

0 votes

Completed · Last Updated

Comments

• I also feel like I have wasted my money. i purchased the Premium package but the service is useless if I cannot get it to auto connect when I log in or start windows. I think I will have to go back to iTop VPN. It does auto connect and in fact I get much faster down loads. I was trying to keep all by security with Bitdefender.

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @Paul88 and thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Depending on your needs, you can customize the behavior of your VPN product. Simply access the settings menu, from which you can do the following:

• activate a Kill-Switch to pause all Internet traffic should the VPN accidentally disconnect

• use Split tunneling to allow certain websites & apps to bypass the VPN connection

change the auto-connect options

• manage product notifications

I hope the information is helpful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• CyberRose
    Options

Hi all,

Hoping this thread is still actively monitored/responsive.

I note @Alexandru_BD on your screenprint, as in my case, that the autoconnect 'Unsecured Wi-Fi' option is grayed out - hence, I am unable to toggle to the 'ON' position.

You will see that it is a different gray hue than the rest. Are you able to toggle this option on and off?

Any solutions on how I would get this to use this function, i.e., toggle on, and more specifically, to auto connect when using a laptop in a public place, etc?

Thanks in advance

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2022
    Options

Hello @CyberRose,

A very good observation indeed, I have also tried to enable autoconnect for 'Unsecured WI-FI", but the toggle is grayed out and not responsive at all. In my case, I'm getting this result because I use a virtual machine for testing purposes. The internet connection of the VM is simulated as being via cable:

In your situation, maybe the feature is grayed out because the PC does not have a WI-FI adaptor or it is not enabled. Or you are using a virtual machine yourself. As such, if the VPN app detects that the device does not have WI-FI capabilities, it will not enable the selector to be turned ON or OFF.

If possible, turn ON a WI-FI connection and check if the Unsecured WI-FI feature becomes available for use.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user