Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

How can I fix problem with Internet Access being blocked in Chrome?

Options

Bitdefender Total Security on Windows 10.

I was in Firewall settings and must have changed something unintentionally. When using the Chrome browser I now get an error that the internet access is blocked. If I turn the firewall off, I can get access or if I use a different browser, there is no problem. Is there a quick fix?

Best Answers

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 2022
    Options

Hi @vacharmer

Try this, close out Chrome, go into your BD firewall panel/settings, and across the top where it says, Application access, Rules, Network Adapters and Settings, click on Settings. Then enable Alert mode, close out of BD and try loading Chrome and see if you get a firewall pop up to allow Chrome access.

You may want to restart your PC, just to make sure all process have been stopped and everything starts from scratch on a reboot.

Also, you can confirm Chrome is allowed in Rules.

Let us know if this helped.

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Enabling ALERT mode did not help. I did not see a popup. I did check the rules and the first one for Chrome.exe was off. When I tried to enable it, I received a message that there was already a rule in place and I could not enable the switch, so I deleted the rule and Chrome will now open up without an error.

Thank you for your help and I will be keeping my fingers off BD in the future. It does a fine job without my help.

• Jim Jr
    Options

Hello

Issue with chrome not opening and have tried the above. When clicking chrome looks like it wants to open but a window does not appear. Deinstalled and reinstalled chrome several times. Set chrome as primary browser over MS Edge, but till wont work.

Cannot open URL's/links from emails either... Very annoying and problematic. Any ideas/help appreciated...

• Jim Jr
    Options

thanks. will running the aspects you mention have any effect on my pc. effect files, lose data, wipe files, emails, data or internet sites, links etc...

would like to know what might happen before i run this please