Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Improvements To Bitdefender Password Manager

Options
cjmochimaru
edited March 2023 in Password Manager

Can you guys please allow us to create accounts in the password manager without needing to enter a URL? I have a lot of different wifi connections I regularly connect to and I'd like to be able to record these in the password manager without needing to enter a URL for these.

Also I wish when I use the password manager, that it's the name/title that shows up on the list and not the URL itself.

Lastly, please add the option to create tags or categories for these. It gets confusing when I have a lot of passwords without categories.

Comments

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 2022
    Options

Hi @cjmochimaru

I'm not sure if this addresses idea number two, but you can add a name, Title to links in PM by clicking on the pencil edit icon and adding a title to it.

I think for your third idea, this may help and is being considered so we would have more options, more "real estate" to work with, and maybe even categories to choose from?

Regards,

Scott

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides:https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• Curious if anyone found a "workaround" for NOT entering a URL?

• fliss
    Options

just bought BD ulimate

but don't like the password manager, and cannot get it to go to one particular website, or fill in the user name and pw on that page. it works for other sites but not the aforementioned (capital one website.)

called up BD customer service but person said I should just read up!!!! not impressed

i've been using roboform, but thought i would try BD pw manager. so far not impressed.

here are some suggestions

1. it needs to work properly, and
    2. it needs ability to display (sort) logins etc. by a title and category - look at roboform - its great for that, and
    3. needs ability to expand the BD pw window, and
    4. per the previous comment, allow entry on non URLs
  • JustRay
    Options

Just an addition to point #2 It would be great to be able to sort the list by Title so it makes it a bit more usable

• TheDGI
    Options

I use the "Notes" section of password manager for information when I don't have a URL. Sometimes, I use https://0.0.0.0 in the URL if I want to use the user/password in my password manager list; but I mainly go for Notes.

There is little doubt that having the ability for a blank URL would be most handy; but I'm unsure if the good folk at Bitdefender are able, willing or currently working on it.

• dverted
    dverted ✭✭✭
    Options

Can the Account list that comes up in the popup window be date sortable please. Its frustrating trying to find a new account just created and you didn't catch the account name details and the list is alpha sorted. This option is available for sorting the Notes list and Identities list but not on the Accounts list. Thanks.