New to Bitdefender- just installed

One outstanding issue

Clean Temporary internet files

Getting the following error

The task was canceled by the user

issue remains outstanding

Comments

• Hello kkibos,

You didn't accidentally clicked 2x on your left mouse button? Because when you do that the second time your mouse pointer is on the stop button.

Kind regards,

Niels

• hi Niels

No.

This process is done in 3 steps.

The third step (results summary) I get the following message

The task was canceled by the user

Regards

kkibos

• Hello kkibos,

I know that the process is done in 3 steps but once you move your mousepointer and your pressed 1x time to many you can select the stop or cancel button.

When you are in 3rd step do you see a number appear? This should be in the top left corner after number of deleted items. What built off BitDefender are you using? To verify that right click on the red BitDefender icon near the system tray and press on info.

Kind regards,

Niels

• hi Niels,

Bitdefender Total Security 2008 - Build 11.0.17

Contacted chat support this evening and they stated the it was a bug & that it will be fixed.

OS Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1

Thank for your help.

Regards

kkibos

• I am having the same problem as well with the task canceling itself.

Sounds like they are looking into it though. thanks for checking.

• Hello kkibos,

Thanks for the update. My language version isn't updated to build 11.0.17 yet. That was the reason why I asked after your build. Me as a normal user can't do anything that can only BitDefender support do.You are welcome.

Kind regards,

Niels

• I have the exact same problem.....I like this feature if it would only work for me. I have tried many times but it always says the same thing....... Task cancelled by user I hope they fix this before i end up having to buy it. I also like the file shredder but first have to get this thing working so i can see if the shredder will work correctly

• I have an HP laptop w/ Vista, and am chronically having the same problem. When is BitDefender going to fix this? - it's driving me nuts! :wacko:

• I am also having the same problem with the internet files process. I'm running Vista Ultimate 32 bit. I had XP before Vista and never had this problem. I'm waiting on a reply from Technical Support regarding this issue I emailed them about. I'll post their reply, assuming they get back to me.

• The Tune up is flawed. I found that it keeps crashing out bitdefender to the point that bitdefender does not work at all.

I have disabled tune up totally until the programmers can fix the problem. I now use WindowsXP or Vista's system tool to remove all the temporary internet files and also remove internet history which tuneup ignores.

Simply open up an explorer window, click on tools then select the delete all temporary internet, history and so forth. Then bingo its done. No mess no fuss and it does the exact same thing as Bitdefender does.

The only problem is that you have to go do it verses having a program do it for you as with bitdefender as part of its schedule to do it.

But right now, Tune up is not a good thing to be running.

• I also have the same bug, very annoying

HP 8510p T9300 4Gb Vista Business SP1

• I also have the same problem. I recently installed vista and the sp1. I don't recall experiencing this problem with xp and sp3.

cheeers

• I have ran BitDefender, on a Vista based machine for about 10 months, with no issues.

Recently though, have seen the same problem, when I run clean internet files.

Since I was problem free, since I switched to BD, I am assuming the problem is caused by either a windows update, or possibly, a BD update.

I have yet to see the bug fixed.

Has anyone seen a fix yet?

The work around is easy enough, but fix would be ideal

Thanks.

• I Am having same issue :/ started the trial version of Bit Defender total and get same error. Running Windows Vista 32Bit