Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Help With Steam And Bitdefender

Options

I have BitDefender Internet Security 2008, and I have a Steam account in my computer.

The problem is every time I logged in and looked for a server in Steam to play games, it took a long time to load usually it said server was not responding.

After I played my games, I logged out and my Internet was gone... So, I found a solution it is either I wait for several minutes for my Internet to get back online to browse the Internet or restart my computer. Is this normal with BitDefender? I tried game mode, but same result... I played Crysis and did not get any problem connecting but Steam. I did not have this problem before.

Does anyone have a same problem?

Thanks

Comments

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭
    edited July 2008
    Options

Open Steam.

Open Bitdefender's Advanced Settings.

Go to Firewall-> Activity and take a look if Steam is blocked by the firewall ;)

• Open Steam.

Open Bitdefender's Advanced Settings.

Go to Firewall-> Activity and take a look if Steam is blocked by the firewall ;)

How am I going to know is BD block steam?

I think it is not

• Niels
    Options

Hello 123456iambelial,

Try this:

Unplug the main power cable off your router for 30 seconds. Put it back in. Afterwards go to start,connect-to,show all connections. Right click on each connection and choose repair. Most of the times that can solve the disconnection problem.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Hello 123456iambelial,

Try this:

Unplug the main power cable off your router for 30 seconds. Put it back in. Afterwards go to start,connect-to,show all connections. Right click on each connection and choose repair. Most of the times that can solve the disconnection problem.

Kind regards,

Niels

I have Windows Vista x64, I didn't lose my connection at all because when I hovered my mouse pointer on my connection I was still connected, but could not connect to Steam 2-3 minutes and no Internet after I played Steam for 2-3 minutes. Also, trier to played Crysis multiplayer(online) and Steam at the same time. On Crysis multiplayer I have with no problem while Steam is having trouble finding a server.

I have tried it already unplugging the router, but didn't help me at all.

I have BitDefender Internet Security 2008 - build 11.0.17