Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender blocking phone calls

Options
sam8988378
sam8988378 Can't place outgoing calls
edited December 2023 in Mobile Security

I need to call and fill a prescription tonight. But since installing Bit Defender, the call disconnects even before dialing. This is serious.

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited December 2023
    Options

Hello @sam8988378 and welcome to the Community!

Were you able to place calls before installing Bitdefender? How did you came to the conclusion that Mobile Security is blocking the calls? What are the symptoms? Try to reinstall the app, normally it should not interfere with phone calls.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

I never had issues with BD Mobile Security blocking phone calls, so far there's no conflict between BD Mobile Security and phone calls.

Regards.

• sam8988378
    sam8988378 Can't place outgoing calls
    Options

It was the only variable. This lasted for 2 hours. I then asked someone in the room to make a test call, to see if I could get incoming calls. It went through. Afterwards, I was able to place the outgoing call, but too late to pick up the prescription before they closed. Prior to installing Bitdefender, the only anti-virus I had was the free version. I've never had my phone refuse to even dial the number before, just display "emergency calls only". The phone initially was on wifi, then I turned on data, for the same result. Very odd.

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@sam8988378 ,

". . . just display "emergency calls only."

That message normally indicates that there is an issue with the SIM card not being present, malfunctioning, or not being properly seated in its slot.

Like the @Gjoksi , I have used Bitdefender Mobile for years. It has never interfered with phone calls.

I am glad your issue was resolved, but I doubt that BD Mobile was the culprit.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

It has never happened to me either, but sometimes issues may arise due to the Android system version and Bitdefender requirements. Although I'm not certain, I believe @agozob can help here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• agozob
    agozob Team Lead, Cyber Threat Intelligence Lab BD Staff
    Options

Hi there, given your description of the problem I also highly doubt that your issue has anything to do with the Bitdefender app. If the issue happens again, you could try uninstalling Bitdefender and see if anything's different.

Some weird issues can sometimes arise, like @Flexx mentioned, but the issue seems rather related to either your SIM card/network provider (as @garioch7 also suggested) or maybe there's a hardware fault on the device.

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2022 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello.

Guys, have you ever thought that the VoLTE calls feature could be the possible culprit.

I did a little research and found that some users experience problems with their phones (not receiving calls, not receiving SMS etc.) when VoLTE is enabled.

Rergards.