Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Icon Missing From System Tray After The 2/21/24 Product Update (Requiring Restart)

Options

Looks like this is a known issue, as it has happened before with other Bitdefender Windows customers.

Can anyone help with a current workable solution?

I need the system tray icon back, so I can manually update virus definitions, as the program in no longer auto-updating virus definitions!

Please help!

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DMDJr and welcome to the Community!

Based on your description of the situation encountered, I would recommend contacting the Technical Support Teams, as more information might be required to troubleshoot this. You can get in touch with our engineers by choosing one of the contact channels listed here:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Scroll down to state your contact reason, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know what worked for you.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    Options

I do not have the time for this! This is not the first time a Bitdefender installation has failed!

I will be moving back to Norton, because Norton never had these issues!

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    Options

Also, as I suspected, the program is no longer auto-updating virus definitions!

So, thanks to the latest Bitdefender product update, my valuable PC is at risk!

My time, energy, and patience are far too valuable to be repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling deeply flawed utility software!

Shame on you Bitdefender!

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    edited February 23
    Options

Nothing personal Alex!

My anger and frustration is solely directed at the developers of this unacceptably high-maintenance, and very expensive program!

Why don't your competitors like Norton have these same problematic product updates, which only cause customer confusion, frustration, and anger ?!?

Are you intentionally trying to disenfranchise your customers, like you have repeatedly done with yours truly?!?

I suppose & expect my rants will soon be censored & purged from this forum, because of their harsh truthfulness!

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello @DMDJr,

I know you are upset and of course I haven't taken this personally, don't worry. I understand you feel like you are getting the runaround and I think it's normal to feel frustrated about this, but I can't know for sure what could be causing this behavior. Obviously, if this was a widespread issue, we would swim in a sea of complaints around here and this is not the case. I'm not saying that what you are experiencing isn't real, but most likely it is an isolated behavior caused by something we won't be able to identify on the forum. For this reason I've recommended to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers, because they can analyze logs coming from your device that would help them understand what's happening there.

I can't pronounce myself regarding other vendors, and I'm not sure if there is any conclusive data to validate the extent to which such problems occur with updates from various providers.

Regards,

Alex

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    Options

Alex:

First off, I don't feel like I'm getting the run-around. If you re-read my posts, you'll discover that I am extraordinarily frustrated with the Bitdefender product, not your Customer Service team, which has been superlative (i.e., no CS "run-arounds").

And ofc it' my laptop Windows PC that is the source of problem, even though others on this very forum are also complaining of the very same issue!

How many others are out there who don't know about this forum, of don't contact you, out of frustration?

Norton never blamed their customer's hardware, because their product updates never failed!

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    Options

I am pleased to report that following a 3rd system reboot/restart, the Bitdefender Icon previously missing from the system tray has finally returned.

Why it took 3 reboots/restarts is anyone's guess.

I am currently running a manual update, and will follow-up with a report if there is an issue .

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @DMDJr,

Finally, some good news. 🙂

Let us know how it goes from here, if everything works as expected now.

Regards,

Alex

• DMDJr
    DMDJr MBA
    Options

Will do!

And for the official record, I am also pleased to report that all other operational features have returned to normal (i.e., scans, auto updates, etc.).

• RedsFan
    RedsFan ✭✭✭
    edited March 2
    Options

Yesterday also no icon here at startup on the taskbar , happens sometimes not always. . . . 😣

Thinking of trying something else until issue has been solved.