Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Downloaded and installed total security but central says my laptop is still at risk

Options

Hope the experts on here can help. Support have told me to uninstall and reinstall to remedy the above problem but nothing seems to work and I'm at my wits end. Any help would be much appreciated. Not too technical please.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Andrina ,

Welcome to the Bitdefender Forums. If Bitdefender Support weren't able to solve your problem, then perhaps our Forum Administrator, @Alexandru_BD , can access your Central account and see if there is some issue there. Most of us here are not Bitdefender employees, so we cannot view your information as it should be.

@Alexandru_BD should be back tomorrow or Tuesday. I don't know if Easter Monday is observed by the Bitdefender Corporation.

May I ask that you wait for him to review your issue?

Thank you, and have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Have a look at @Gjoksi comment in the link below.

https://community.bitdefender.com/en/discussion/91064/why-on-my-bitdefender-central-keeps-saying-this-device-isnt-protected

If the issue persists, kindly follow these steps:

1) Logout from your Bitdefender account on your installed Bitdefender product.

2) Remove your device from your online Bitdefender Central account (https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/2795/)

3) Once completed, log in with your details on your Bitdefender product again. This will synchronize your Bitdefender product with your online Bitdefender Central account.

Kindly let us know if this helps.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Andrina
    Options

Thanks Garioch7 and Flexx. I'll have a go with Gjoski and also wait for Alexandru_BD. Its just been so frustrating and I had bitdefender last year with no problems

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Andrina,

I have noticed you purchased a Total Security subscription recently. Did you enter the activation code in Central? I don't have visibility for the code status. Are you trying to protect your device, or are you sending a link to install protection on other devices? How did the installation go, did you get any error message in the process? Is the software still installed on your devices?

If the subscription was activated and Bitdefender was previously installed on your devices, it is not necessary to reinstall the software. If the subscription is active, but when you open Bitdefender on the device it says it's unprotected, try to re-enter the email address associated with your Central account, to sync the product with the active subscription.

If you are using a Windows device, double-click the Desktop shortcut to open the Bitdefender security solution dashboard:

Click the account icon in the top right corner of the Bitdefender interface.

Click the Switch Account button to change the account linked to the computer:

Then Sign in again with the e-mail address and the password of your Central account.

After completing the above instructions, your device should be properly connected to your Bitdefender Central account, where the Total Security subscription is running.

Important: this will work only if the activation code has been entered in Central and Bitdefender is already installed on that device.

Let us know how it works.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Andrina
    Options

Hi Alexandru_BD,

When I double click on the bitdefender app it says cannot connect to server so I have been signing into the central account via the bitdefender website. Yes I have used the activation code and I just want to protect my laptop. There was no error code. The apps installed are antivirus and VPN. Also I had removed the old bitdefender product. On my dashboard there is no icon that the red arrow is pointing to, just Andrina Smythe AS so I have nothing to click to get switch account. Not sure what to do now

Regards

Andrina

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

@Andrina bring up the Bitdefender app and look in the upper right hand corner, as shown in the screenshot. The option to switch account should be there, you just have to click your name/account and the option will be displayed.
    If possible, kindly attach a screenshot of your Bitdefender product so we can see exactly how it looks like.

Thanks

• Andrina
    Options

Hi Alexandru_BD

This is what I get when I click on name in top right hand corner

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi,

The screenshots you've attached are from Bitdefender Central and not the actual product installed on your device. Look for the Bitdefender icon on your desktop, bring up Bitdefender and click on Switch Account and enter the email address associated with Central.

• Andrina
    Options

Hi Alexandru_BD,

I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking me to do. If I go through the app on desktop it won't connect to server, I have to go through bitdefender website

Regards

Andrina

• Andrina
    Options

And when I click on name in the top right hand corner (there is no icon) it does not take me to switch account

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @Andrina,

If during the Bitdefender installation you receive the error message “Unable to connect to the server. Sorry, we are unable to connect to the server. Please try again later”, please follow the steps from this article to fix the issue:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/17225/

I was asking you to use the switch account feature in the product, but if this is not available to you and you get that error message, it's best to apply the troubleshooting steps described above.

If this doesn't help, it will be necessary to get in touch with the Bitdefender Support team for further investigation. You can contact them using the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason,then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.Let us know how it goes.

Let me know what works for you.

Regards,

Alex

• Andrina
    Options

Hi @Alexandru_BD,

I was about to give up but changed DNS as you advised and it worked! Thankyou to all for your help and patience

Regards

Andrina

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Yes! Thanks for following up, glad to hear it has been resolved! 🙂