Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Firewall alert mode switching OFF by itself

Options

Hello, I search in the forum but without finding any working fix

I have BD Internet Security 27.0.30.140 on my Windows 10 64 bit, since the last two weeks I have the alert mode switching OFF by itself.

Doesn't matter what I'm doing with the PC, it happens randomly on my laptop AND on my desktop computer, so the problem is inside BD, for sure

I try to contact the support but it's not possible, as soon as I hit "Submit" the circles start to turn and everything is stuck in that condition, with any browser

I already tryed to

• Uninstall BDIS
  • Run CCleaner
  • Deleted all BD folders in C drive
  • run chkdsk /f
  • run dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
  • run sfc /scannow
  • run regedit and delete manually ALL BD keys found with F3 function
  • run Wise Registry Cleaner to clean the registry
  • Reboot
  • Install back BDIS downloaded from BD Central

NO FIX

• I try also to protect the settings with password

NO FIX

So, anyone knows when the programmers will fix it without making new bugs?

I also try to use Kaspersky but its firewall is a nightmare, so I'm stuck with BD, I hope this BUG will be fixed soon!!

Comments

• garioch7
    garioch7 Defender of the month ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@SuperMatico ,

This is a known bug, currently under investigation. The latest update (today) from our Forum Administrator, @Alexandru_BD , can be found in this topic:

We have to be patient. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

Former Bleeping Computer Malware Response Instructor

• SuperMatico
    Options

Thanks Phil, I read something about that and I would to have a try anyway, maybe I miss something…

Ok, I didn't miss anything, fine.

In the while the development team found a working fix, I'll full disable the BDIS firewall and I'll lock manually all the exe files involved with the Windows Firewall.

Tks for your time

• garioch7
    Options

@SuperMatico ,

Thank you for posting back. Hopefully, the fix will be released soon.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• SuperMatico
    Options

I'm not so sure about your "soon"…

I'd opened a support ticket last October 2022 for this BUG and they answered to me "Is not possible", even if the ticket was supplied with Support tool log file and screenshots

In these last 17 months, since the raise of that ticket, I saw the Alert mode bug vanish, then come back…

Seems that one hand does't know what is doing the other hand…

• garioch7
    Options

@SuperMatico ,

Thank you for your post. The old Alert bug was resolved, and this new one is under active investigation.

Bitdefender is a very complex, multi-layered application. Bugs do happen, sometimes, simply because a Windows Update "breaks things."

I can only recommend patience. Have a great day.

Regards,

Phil

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hi @SuperMatico,

The fix should be available soon enough. We've had he latest major update back in March (version 27.0.30.140) and typically the product updates occur once every 4 weeks. This means we will get an update this month and that's likely to include the Alert Mode fix. If not, a special hotfix will follow shortly afterwards.

Sometimes, unforeseeable events may happen and despite all the rigurous testing that takes place before a new release is being rolled out, I think challenges may occasionally appear, especially in conjunction with OS updates.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user