Concerning exploit detected notification

Hello, I have recently gotten a notification from Bitdefender total security saying that an exploit was blocked from some IP address - I have blurred it out just in case it is sensitive info.

Bitdefender does not detect this as malware and I am not what to do about the exploit. Please could someone tell me what to do about this.

Regards

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 17

Exploits are distinct from malware. Exploits capitalize on vulnerabilities within software, akin to holes that malware can exploit to infiltrate your device. Malware uses these vulnerabilities to circumvent your computer's security measures and infect your device.

Bitdefender has blocked the exploit, ensuring your safety. There's no further action required at this time.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Where do we pull logs associated with notifications from this exact notification "Exploit attempt blocked?" It has happened to me a few times in the past few days, and every nslookup I do with the IP traces it back to the Linode provider. I'm attempting to file a formal investigation request with the provider but need plaintext logs for evidence. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

• Hi I am getting exploits being blocked from IP's

How do I get more information as to what the exploit is !

There's a real lack of information here ! I want to pursue this further and try and resolve the situation with updates or whatever..

I am finding Bitdefender lacking information when it claims to have done things ..

Thank you

Paul

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

You are replying to a post dated a year ago. Kindly create a new post for yourself. This post is closed for further comments.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

This discussion has been closed.