Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Concerning exploit detected notification

Options

Hello, I have recently gotten a notification from Bitdefender total security saying that an exploit was blocked from some IP address - I have blurred it out just in case it is sensitive info.

Bitdefender does not detect this as malware and I am not what to do about the exploit. Please could someone tell me what to do about this.

Regards

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Exploits are not malware. Exploits take advantage of vulnerabilities in software. A vulnerability is like a hole in your software that malware can use to get onto your device. Malware exploits these vulnerabilities to bypass your computer's security safeguards to infect your device.

Bitdefender blocked the exploit and hence you are safe. There is nothing more to do here.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Trickyy
    Options

Where do we pull logs associated with notifications from this exact notification "Exploit attempt blocked?" It has happened to me a few times in the past few days, and every nslookup I do with the IP traces it back to the Linode provider. I'm attempting to file a formal investigation request with the provider but need plaintext logs for evidence. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!