"Scam alert" operation

Hi,
in BDM I noticed that with the "Scam alert" protection when I receive an email, a text message, or a WhatsApp with a malicious link I get a popup warning me that there is a malicious message but when I click on "delete" the message remains with the malicious link.

Is this the correct behavior or should clicking on delete the message be deleted?

However, if by clicking on "delete" it should be eliminated if it is a false positive I would lose a message that could be useful instead.

What should be the correct behavior?

Thank you.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• When you receive a scam alert in Bitdefender Mobile Security (BDM) and click "delete," but the message remains, it might be due to permission issues or a bug. Ensure Bitdefender has all necessary permissions in your phone's settings and that the app is updated. If the problem persists, manually delete the message or contact Bitdefender support for help.

• Ok, thank you, I wanted to have this confirmation by comparing myself with others who use it, so as to understand if it is an anomaly or correct behavior.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hi @Nunzio77,

I think the Italian translation is not the best in this case, in the screenshot "elimina" sounds like delete, but in English that button says "dismiss". All the button does is dismiss the alert, it doesn't clear anything. It still appears in the BMS scam alert tab. And the message, email, etc. is not deleted.

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Nunzio ·