Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

change remote desktop port on windows 11

Options

In the bitfinder firewall i am having a hard time changing the remote desktop port I want to use. Is there a document on how to do this? Should I just switch off the bitfinder firewall and use windows firewall for the week i want to do this.

Thanks

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    Options

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited June 25
    Options

Hi @chuckbogus

IMO, I would just go with Windows firewall. I don't think you need to disable BD firewall, unless that port change makes it, Remote Desktop unfunctional. Bitdefender within that time frame of a week, could possibly have an update that could break that connection. Again, IMO, Windows would probably be a more stable connection.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• camarie
    camarie Principal Software Developer BD Staff
    edited June 25
    Options

There is no specific rule for remote desktop AFAIK. Remote desktop uses TCP and UDP on port 3389 [*].

You can try to create a new rule (or two - see below), with

• Program path: C:\Windows\System32\mstsc.exe is the legacy/native application, C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.RemoteDesktop_10.2.3012.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\RdClient.Windows.exe is the Windows Store application. Path might vary depending on your Windows version and installed programs, these are the default paths on a typical Windows installation. Or you can enable Apply this rule to all applications making this rule to have a lower priority than the other explicit application rules.
    • Network Type: recommended would be Home/Office (but it depends on your requirements if you need Public or Any - you might need to tweak it depending on what network you want to allow remote desktop) [**]
    • Protocol: Any, TCP or UDP. I recommend one rule for TCP and one for UDP to avoid enabling all protocols.
    • Advanced settings: enable custom local address, let the IP empty (unless you have specific IP address(es) on which you want to enable connection to) and port 3389. If you want to allow connection to your local computer only from specific IP addresses, enable also Custom Remote Address and enter the allowed IP addresses as well.

[*] Unless you are not using a custom port for remote desktop, in this case you should use the appropriate port value instead of the default 3389.

[**] If you enabled Protocol to Any, one rule will suffice, otherwise you should try to create one rule with Protocol TCP and another identical rule except protocol which will be UDP.

Let us know how this worked and if this solved this issue for you.

• Thank you I will give it a try.