Manual scans that repeat twice

Nunzio77
Nunzio77 mod
edited September 6 in Mobile Security

Hi @agozob and @Alexandru_BD, i noticed that in the latest version of BMS after performing a manual scan, two or more manual scans are automatically performed after a few minutes.
Is this normal or is it a bug?
Below are the data from my smartphone Realme 8 5G with Android 13:

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

Comments

• What I have noticed is that if I install BMS on a new Android device, after setting it up completely and running a manual scan for the first time, once the scan is completed, BMS automatically starts another scan immediately afterward. This also happens on other Android devices where I uninstall BMS, remove the registered devices from online Bitdefender Central, and then reinstall BMS from scratch on those Android devices. After the first manual scan, it again goes into an automatic scan.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Thanks @Flexx .

BMS was already installed for a few days.
    Today I did a manual scan and after completing it, after some time it performed 6 successively at a distance of minutes/hours.

Nunzio ·

Bitdefender Plus, Windows 10 Pro-32 Bit, CPU Intel Core2 Duo T7500, RAM 4 Gb - Bitdefender Mobile Security

• Hi,

This behavior has been acknowledged by the BMS development teams and they are working on a fix that will arrive shortly.

Thank you both for the heads-up here. 🤜🤛

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• Thank you so much! You guys are awesome! 😀😉

Nunzio ·

• The bug is still present even with the latest version of BMS released. The subsequent scans repeat themselves 5 or 6 times within a few minutes. Please fix.

@agozob News?

Nunzio ·

• I don't see the issue being resolved yet either.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 mod
    edited September 21

Today it was updated to version 3.3.248.2461 and despite this update the problem of repeated manual scans continues (even up to 7 consecutive scans).

I also noticed that it also did a scan of the internal memory, this scan instead should only be done when the phone is turned on after a few minutes.

@agozob or @Alexandru_BD any news??

Nunzio ·

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 24

Hi,

There have been two recent updates for BMS. Version 3.3.248.2460 was released on September 19 and fixed a login page error, and the subsequent version 3.3.248.2461 released the next day was a hotfix for an isolated crash. Another update will soon follow and this should normally resolve the repeated manual scans as well.
    It's still work in progress.

• Hi,
    unfortunately even with the latest version 3.3.248.2462 repeated manual scans (6, 7 consecutive scans) continue after performing a manual scan.
    When and with which version will this bug be finally solved?

@Alexandru_BD and @agozob do you have any news?

Thanks.

Nunzio ·

• Ciao @Nunzio77,

Unfortunately, I don't have any updates at this time, the BMS teams are still working on resolving this issue.

Thanks

• Nunzio ·

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭
    edited October 4

Hi

I have same issue on android TV box running android 12, have latest version of the bitdefender mobile app installed.

After having completed the first manual scan after boot, the manual scanner runs then again by itself after about 20 second from the completion of the first scan.

After that I can run manual scans without it starting again on it own after about 20 seconds unless I wait a few hours and then scan again, it then runs a second manual scan automatically again about 20 seconds after the completion of the first scan.

• Nunzio77
    Nunzio77 mod
    edited October 10

New version 3.3.251.2469 but the problem still persists...

Nunzio ·

• Yes, version 3.3.251.2469 was a minor update released yesterday. The changelog includes improvements related to Google Play's subscription billing system, among other backend modifications, so it doesn't address this problem.