Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What?

Options

5 min ago i configured identity control at bitdefender total security 2008.I wanted to log in to my email account(gmail)so i disabled it because it was saying that the page requested private information.I logged in and i enabled it again. Then it said ''the page is blocked by bitdefender identity control''.I went to bitdefender main page(clicked the icon at the toolbar) and clicked the security button with the green tick .Then bitdefender froze for 5 seconds and a report came.It was saying that was a bug and that the program is going to restart the security center.It was also asking me if i wanted to report it(i didn't).Now i have it disabled because i think it is useless.

My question is:what happened?

Sorry for my bad english.

Comments

• Configured identity control as in enabling other protection options or just the basic/default ones? It is practically useless, but guess it's there for the paranoid. Bitdefender has all sorts of problems with gmail (taking forever to scan, open messages, considering safe emails as being a threat, and so fourth) so your going to have to wait till bitdefender patches things if ever they decide too.

• alexcrist
    Options

I never had problems with BitDefender and GMail, and use GMail everyday (web-based + POP).

Identity control probably blocked that page because you configured it to block and pages containing your username, or some other data that is used by GMail.

Try adding gmail.com and mail.google.com to the Exceptions list in Identity Control.

Cris.

• Try adding gmail.com and mail.google.com to the Exceptions list in Identity Control.

Cris.

OK thanks Cris but at the next version they should remove it.

• alexcrist
    Options

They should remove what? Identity Control?

If you don't like the module, nobody forces you to use it. But it might be very useful to other users, and I really see no reason to remove it. You have an option to disable it, so keep it disabled. ;)

Cris.

• It is only my personal opinion.For me it is useless but if other people like it OK :D