Update Service Unavailable

I dont really know how long this has been going on. My FIX ISSUES page says that the update has NEVER been done. I cant find any info on why the Update Service might be unavailable.

Comments

• I have the same Problem here. Bitdefender tell's me that he has never been updated, and the Update Service is not available. When i try to start the update service over the windows service window, the service start and stops with the message that he is automatical stopped, because he idles. Manual Update with the virus definition package from homepage works. But i think that this are only virus definitions and no engine bugfixes or something else. And always remove and install bitdefender for all little problems is no issue in my opinion.

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

I would like both of you to try this article first, and then let me know if it worked:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#515

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

I would like both of you to try this article first, and then let me know if it worked:

http://www.bitdefender.com/site/KnowledgeBase/consumer/#515

Thanks,

Florin

Worked like a charm. Thank you.

Jerry

• hi there, i tried this and it still says update service unavailable in advanced settings!

when i downloaded my renewed licence a box came up saying something like, "error downloading network bdav" or something like that, could this be the reason? thanks.

• I tried all three options, but no one of this worked.

I browed trough the event log of bitdefender and found, that the last update was on Friday 20 February, 22:10:19.

He updated:

Plugins/cran.ivd

Plugins/emalware.021

Plugins/sdx.ivd

Plugins/update.txt

as2_bgu.slf

asversion.txt

as2_adn.slf

as2_de.slf

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff

Hi there,

I would like to know the version of BitDefender you both have:

Rightclick on the BitDefender tray icon and select About. I am interested in the build.

Thanks,

Florin

• Hi there,

I would like to know the version of BitDefender you both have:

Rightclick on the BitDefender tray icon and select About. I am interested in the build.

Thanks,

Florin

I have the same problem. I have Total Security 2009 Build 12.0.11.5

When I try option B in the above link I get an error message:

"Could not start Bitdefender Desktop Update Service on Local Computer. Error 1075. the dependency service does not Exist or is marked for deletion"

Option C also did not work.

• Ok. I have Total Security 2009, Build: 12.0.11.4

• OK I have solved my problem.

I uninstalled Total Security 2009 with the uninstall tool and rebooted.

Uninstalled Windows Defender and rebooted.

Installed Total Security.

Updates working now so far. . .

• I know with re-install you can fix the problem. But i want to avoid it, because when i remove bitdefender and install it again. Because then i lost all my settings which i made already and i is exhausting to set this all again.