Trojan.generic.1420337

i was using Syma**** AV on my laptop, and it did not detect quite a few viruses, so i installed BD2008 and firstly it served me well until one day i connected to a share folder to pull out a file, then a trojan.generic.1420337 was detected and denied access to the file

now i'm unable to clean, delete or do anything, and even my svchost.exe come out with an application error 0x1200113a referenced memory at 0x00000004 could not be read

couldn't find any information on the trojan over the net either, i'm currently lost..

please help~

Comments

• Unknown
    edited March 2009
    i was using Syma**** AV on my laptop, and it did not detect quite a few viruses, so i installed BD2008 and firstly it served me well until one day i connected to a share folder to pull out a file, then a trojan.generic.1420337 was detected and denied access to the file

now i'm unable to clean, delete or do anything, and even my svchost.exe come out with an application error 0x1200113a referenced memory at 0x00000004 could not be read

couldn't find any information on the trojan over the net either, i'm currently lost..

please help~

Try to run an update process of BitDefender and then see if the detection persists. If so, please let us know here in order to be able to start investigating this situation.

• wai_w3ng
    edited March 2009
    Try to run an update process of BitDefender and then see if the detection persists. If so, please let us know here in order to be able to start investigating this situation.

i've already done a deep scan with the latest updates in normal windows and also safe mode, however i'm not sure if BD is unable to launch in safemode, what i did was a manual scan in safe mode

currently i've encounter even more critical problems with my laptop as i could not get online with the laptop anymore(currently using another laptop)

maybe i'll post a hijackthis log later on if i able to get that laptop online

oh btw, i also found out that the trojan.generic.1420337 will only pop ups when my laptop is connected to the internet through LAN or WiFi

thanks

• rootkit
    rootkit ✭✭✭

BitDefender full scan log & a Hijackthis 2.0.2 will make things clear here :)