Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Question Regarding Start Up Scan

Options

Hello

Sorry if this topic was covered but my topic search was kind of broad and it was hard to find to see if there was an answer already

Anyways, whenever I turn on my laptop, BitDefender automatically scans my files so it kills my battery and makes me wait a few minutes before I can use it. How do I turn off this start up scan? I just want it to be on and in the background because I do still scan my laptop weekly.

Thank-you

Comments

• In order to stop this scan please open BitDefender - go to Advanced View, then to Custom Level and you will have there "Scan boot". Simply uncheck that and hit OK.

• I am also interested how to stop the logon scan i have unchecked boot scan also no scan is scheduled for logon or any scan. In the main program under antivirus ,virus scan it shows no scan has ever been run as there are no dates . But each time i start the pc and this is on a few pc's . Under the general tab dashboard it shows it scanning files 4491 file's are scanned each time i boot. I am just wondering if there is a way to stop this . the program is set to not scan network drives,cds most is disabled.

• cbeiu
    Options

The activity that is being displayed in Dashboard > General has nothing to do with the Autologon Scan. The files are simply being scanned by the real-time protection from the Antivirus module as Windows and various other applications load up.

This normal behavior that you are describing can only be stopped by disabling the real time protection (which would render the system vulnerable).

You could identify the applications that load up at boot and exclude them (and their application folders) from scanning - that will decrease that number of files scanned on boot (but why would you want to do that anyway? :huh:).

• Niels
    Options

Dear Hammey,

If you want to reduce the amount of files, folders,... that are scanned you can do this: open BitDefender,switch to advanced view,go to the antivirus section,high light the shield tab,press on custom level,by scan accessed files press on +, select scan program files only press on ok to save.

Kind regards,

Niels