Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Not Moving Files To Quarantine

Options

BitDefender Antivirus 2009 is not following my settings of "Move to quarantine" (second action is set to "Deny access and continue") when detecting "infected" files. They are simply being deleted. Permanently. This has now happened on a number of false positives and i have no way of recovering the lost files.

How am i to make sure BD will not delete anything and only move file to quarantine so that i can review before deleting? I.e. Is there a registry tweak, since the program settings aren't working.

Comments

• Niels
    Niels
    edited March 2009
    Options

Dear wink,

Where did you changed the actions to take? You must know that only changing the actions for the realtime protection don't have effect on the on-demand scans.

If you want to change the actions during an on demand scan you have to do this: go to the antivirus section,high light the virus scan tab. Now right click on each task and press on open,custom level,change the actions there and press on ok to save.

This is just for information if you have missed that.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Ah!

Thank you so much. That is very useful information i did not get elsewhere.

Much appreciated.

• Niels
    Options

Dear wink,

Glad that I could helped you. You are welcome. What you also can do is excluding folders or files. To do that please open BitDefender switch to advanced view, go to the antivirus section,high light the exclusions tab. That is also handy when there is a false positive, when there isn't and exception signature yet created. You can download an English manual here. You should report false positives.

Kind regards,

Niels