Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Internet Security Vs Garena

Options

This is a continuation-thread made due to BD forum reorganisation.

Previous topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=11126

Hi I just checked up on my topic again, and I have now tried what you suggested, by disable the realtime protection, and then launch garena. But it didn't work for me, I also tried to disable both real time protection and the firewall, and then start garena, I still can't acces the local area network sad.gif

Sorry for my late reply - for me it sometimes works, and sometimes I have to close W3 and press "start game" button several times. 25 is my "personal best" as far as I remember :D

But I've written bitdefender an email, and they have now answered me, asked me to sent them some logfiles that I got by 2 small programs, I hope that can help them - I'm excited to hear from them... I've now just uinstalled bdis09 to be able to play through the garena network..

Same thing here - I was very happy that somebody is working to solve this problem! But it was over MONTH ago! So what is going on with the "Garena" case?

First reports of this issue were made over the internet in first days of December 2008!

This topic made by CasperSand is form 3 Jan 2009.

Email from BD support was sent 28.01.2009!

I replied same evening...

Today we have 02.03.2009 :/

Comments

• Well I haven't heard anything from them yet, so I hope they are working on it. I'm just waiting for a solution from bitdefender, I haven't used the software that I've paid for, the last months, to be able to use garena... Makes no sense.

• cbeiu
    Options

I just spoke with the devs and the issue is fixed (internally). The changes have to be tested now and most likely the fix will be released with the next major product update, 12.0.12 (end of March).

• luslom
    Options
    I just spoke with the devs and the issue is fixed (internally). The changes have to be tested now and most likely the fix will be released with the next major product update, 12.0.12 (end of March).

Thank You Corneliu for this wonderful information!

Just can't wait for the end of March, but I understand that all new product implementations have to be fully tested before releasing to public use.

Till then I'll keep restarting Warcraft ;)

• Sounds good, then I'll try to install bitdefender again.

• I got an email from bitdefender yesterday. It didn't contain any information about the problem with garena. It just linked to a unistall file for bitdefender, and then linked to the installation file. I did it, and there is no problem with garena and bitdefender now!

• In the latest built for BitDefender 12.0.12 there is a new version of the bdftdif.sys firewall driver that implemented the resolution for this issue - by reinstalling BitDefender with the latest kit we can make sure that the new version of the driver is running on your system.