Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bt Suddenly Blocking Existing Programs - Google Destop, Bluetooth Etc.

Options

Starting yesterday, after any reboot of my system, I see pop-ups from BD saying that certain programs have been blocked: Google Desktop; Bluetooth; and today, Roboform. The popups stay for a few seconds and then vanish - too quickly for me to write down details of where the blocked module is.

Why have these suddenly been targeted?

Where can I find a record of the block? I looked in all of BD "history" and don't see them anywhere.

I ran deep system scan yesterday, and all that showed in the log were the usual RRBackups (supposed rootkits????) plus some overcompressed and password-protected items. I am running a full-system scan now.

The other weird thing is that after a reboot I get a popup from Windows saying that it cannot find PWRMGRTR.DLL in my Thinkpad/Utilities directory. Yet it is there. Again something brand new in the past few days

Comments

• Starting yesterday, after any reboot of my system, I see pop-ups from BD saying that certain programs have been blocked: Google Desktop; Bluetooth; and today, Roboform. The popups stay for a few seconds and then vanish - too quickly for me to write down details of where the blocked module is.

Where can I find a record of the block? I looked in all of BD "history" and don't see them anywhere.

I ran deep system scan yesterday, and all that showed in the log were the usual RRBackups (supposed rootkits????) plus some overcompressed and password-protected items. I am running a full-system scan now.

The other weird thing is that after a reboot I get a popup from Windows saying that it cannot find PWRMGRTR.DLL in my Thinkpad/Utilities directory. Yet it is there. Again something brand new in the past few days

Also, my Behavioral Scanner is disabled, and has been for weeks (months). So why do I get these pop-ups?

Looking at other posts on this forum (does anyone from BD ever look at it?) it seems that keeping the Behavioral Scanner off is a good idea.

The manual says

"The Behavioral Scanner provides a layer of protection against new threats for which signatures have not yet been released. It constantly monitors and analyses the behavior of the applications running on your computer and alerts you if an application has a suspicious behavior.

The Behavioral Scanner alerts you whenever an application tries to perform a possible malicious action and prompts you for action."

Or not

• Starting yesterday, after any reboot of my system, I see pop-ups from BD saying that certain programs have been blocked: Google Desktop; Bluetooth; and today, Roboform. The popups stay for a few seconds and then vanish - too quickly for me to write down details of where the blocked module is.

Attachment shows a BD block

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4980" data-fileid="4980" rel="">Doc1.htm

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello Ron,

Sorry for the late reply.

If you didn't already do so, please read this topic and continue posting in it if necessary: Bitdefender Behavioral Scanner Alerts

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

This discussion has been closed.