Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Services Are Not Responding...

Options

I purchased Bitdefender 2009 earlier in the week, installed it and had no problems. All ran fine.

However this morning I have booted up my machine to find that Bitdefender is not working properly - the title of this thread is the message I am getting. I have tried repairing the installation and had no joy. The Bitdefender icon on my tray is now a gray colour, not red. The toolbar on my Outlook is still there, but if I click on the Bitdefender Antispam button I get the same "services are not responding" message.

Curiously I can still run a manual scan from the installation folder.

Any ideas what has happened? The only thing that I did differently when turning off my machine last night was that I still had it in Game Mode, otherwise I cannot think of anything that might have caused it to stop working, nor why a reinstall via the repair option has not fixed it.

Help please!

Alastair

Comments

• and as follow up (and a bump) I did a clean uninstall, and reinstalled. The product worked fine for exactly 22 hours during which time I did not turn the computer off, and I have just looked at it now and the same problem has occurred. The tray icon has turned grey and the "Bitdefender Services are not responding." Has noone else had this problem?

• and at the time it was in game mode. First time it crashed out it was in game mode. Is there some problem with this mode??

• DaAldi
    Options
    and at the time it was in game mode. First time it crashed out it was in game mode. Is there some problem with this mode??

I do have the exact same problem for two weeks now. I have uninstalled and re-installed Internet Security '09 multiple times in different ways (System uninstall, uninstall via BD Tool, uninstall via deleting any reference in my registry and on my HDD) with no solution to be found: Whenever I install the Security Suite the Sys-Tray Icon turns grey and I can't do anything BD related (updating, system-scans, etc.).

I have used BitDefender for 2 years now and have been quite happy with it, but since switching to '09 and using it with Vista Ultimate 64bit I have had this particular Problem on a regular basis - but most of the time a re-install really did work (on other times though doing nothing did the trick, too. On those occasions I havent had time to tinker around with installation procedures and after about two weeks it just started working again - for whatever reason).

But since I dont seem to have that much luck this time, I'd really appreciate some help regarding this issue...

Does anyone have a clue what to do and how to solve this? Its getting annoying -.-

Bye,

Ihsan

• Valuable information.

• The same staff at Windows XP SP2...

My BitDefender total security 2009 doesn't works and show the message "Bitdefender services are not responding" (screen shot is in attach).

In my case i suppose this bad thing came out after Trojan has infected my computer. So I have next questions:

1. How to repair BitDefender? (Reinstall doesn't help). When use QuickScan it finds Trojan in process and files after each system restarts.

2. How it came out that Trojan has infected my computer while BitDefender was working all the time with its firewall. Seems Virus turn my Bittefender off? I suppose Trojan came through my IE 6.0 because i had never download and run any programs from Net after reinstalled my Windows recently.

Please help! I don't want to reinstall Wndows again and I have a lot of important data and thought BitDefender was real protection, but...

• I'm using Vista 64bit and also have the 'not responding' problem. Usually I'm just browsing the web and it will freeze my pc...and sometimes it will show that error.

• The issue presented in this thread needs further investigation - I have sent an e-mail requesting some information to everybody who posted here, please reply to it when you have the time.

• adkr
    Options

Problem solved for me!

I was having the same problem as you all describe. It turned out that my registry cleaner (CCleaner) had removed important entries that Bitdefender needed. I always back up my registry before messing with it. Once I restored the registry to an earlier date my problem went away. I hope this helps at least some of you.

• alexcrist
    Options

Please continue discussion about this issue in this topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12902

It's easier if all information is posted in one place.

Thank you.

Cris.

== CLOSED ==

This discussion has been closed.