Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Unstable Boot Up And Crash With Bd2009, Xp Sp3, And Zone Alarm

Options

I am running Bitdefender 2009, XP SP3, and free version of Zone Alarm firewall. Since using this combination I have had major problems booting the computer. It can take 20-min to 2+ hours to get the computer to boot. Sometimes it just sits at the desktop and won't respond to anything for hours but sometimes it will crash at the desktop with the following error:

"Windows recovered from serious error, this was caused by either your firewall or anti virus software"

Are there any know compatibility issues with the above mentioned software combinations? I have formatted twice and have seen no change in the performance of this computer.

Please help,

David

Comments

• hi i see you are running Bitdefender 2009 but what just the av or. Total Security 2009 or Internet Security 2009 as they come with there own firewall it will conflict with zonealarm remove zonealarm then try.

• I am only running the Bitdefender AV; no firewall. The Windows firewall is off as well.

hi i see you are running Bitdefender 2009 but what just the av or. Total Security 2009 or Internet Security 2009 as they come with there own firewall it will conflict with zonealarm remove zonealarm then try.
  • hnyaji
    Options

Hi

remove Zone Alarm Firewall and try out another firewall (may be just the Windows Firewall as of now)! You could install a better firewall when your system is fine.

• That worked. I rebooted in no time after making that change.

I was always under the impression that zone alarm was one of the best free firewalls out there. How does the bit defender firewall compare?

Also, are there any other known compatibility issues with bitdefender AV and firewalls.

Thanks

Hi

remove Zone Alarm Firewall and try out another firewall (may be just the Windows Firewall as of now)! You could install a better firewall when your system is fine.