Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Here Is Something New

Even though I know better, I tried one last time to fix BDIS-2009 on my spare computer. BD can't do scans. :-(

I ran the removal tool, rebooted, ran it again.

I then ran the installer for the newest version on the BD web site.

Things went well, with only one bug popping up during install.

After it was installed and did its initial scan I thought I was in good shape.

I then started looking at the BD settings that always need adjusting, at least for me.

The next thing I saw was a big warning from Windows XP (sp3) telling me that Windows had shut down some software in order to protect my computer. Guess what it shut down? BitDefender IS-2009. Ha ha ha, I'm actually crying.

This is the first time I've had Windows "protect me" from an AV software.

I received no particular details about why this happened. Should have done a screen save but didn't.

At least I now can see some scan options made available to me, these were all missing before. I could tell you more but now Windows has decided to download Netframework 3.5 updates that appear are going to take some time. I doubt I need this update but I think I'll let it happen before getting BD in another fight with XP. There is enough blood here now.

If my computer is again able to do scans after this re-install, I'll post it tomorrow. If it still can't, I'll also post.

Fungus

Comments

• Hi Fungus,

Please stand by while a support team member replies.

Thanks.

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009

Hi

how do you know it was BitDefender that shut down your system, due to an error?

• Hi

how do you know it was BitDefender that shut down your system, due to an error?

Hemanth:

XP put up a window with a message stating the serious error and said it was BD that XP had to shut down. It gave no useful other information. BD didn't shut down my computer, XP shut down BD, the computer continued operating but without BD running. Microsoft has a BD killer in its pocket I guess. After a reboot, BD was again operational.

After I allowed XP to finish its Netframe update, and a reboot, BDIS did seem to be more operational than it had been since the last update it did. At that point in time my BD could not scan. :-( The different scan choices were not even available in the advanced menu to try to scan with.

I was able to force a scan, after the BD reinstall, after the XP updates, and after rebooting. This time the scan was available and started. I canceled it and shut down for the night.

The main point of this posting was to explain that XP (sp3) became alarmed at BDIS-2009 and successfully shut it down, allowing the computer to continue operating.

Fungus

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009

Hi

the problem may be due to corrupt system files.

you would know how to clean up the temp files, clean them all. Run the 30 sec BD scan available online.

Run sfc /scannow (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310747).

Hemanth