Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Back To 2008

I am currently using Internet Security 2009 with Windows Vista 32 bit.

I am so tired of all the glitches and bugs and poor performance. A few questions:

1. Can I go back to 2008?

2. Will my license still work for three machines for the balance of the time?

3. Do I need to uninstall IS2009?

4. Has anybody done this and found an improvement?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Comments

• hnyaji
    edited April 2009

1. Can I go back to 2008? Yes

2. Will my license still work for three machines for the balance of the time? Yes

3. Do I need to uninstall IS2009? Yes use http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

4. Has anybody done this and found an improvement? (in what sense?) the following question should answer to this as well

5. Anything else I should know? as I know, BIS 2008 is more stable and less buggy, but you would not get some features such as "file vault"

Hemanth

• Thanks for this reply. And now the stupid question - where can I get the 2008 version?

I uninstalled it when I installed 2009 and now can't find the program.

Thanks.

1. Can I go back to 2008? Yes

2. Will my license still work for three machines for the balance of the time? Yes

3. Do I need to uninstall IS2009? Yes use http://www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

4. Has anybody done this and found an improvement? (in what sense?) the following question should answer to this as well

5. Anything else I should know? as I know, BIS 2008 is more stable and less buggy, but you would not get some features such as "file vault"

Hemanth

• fungus
    edited April 2009
    I am currently using Internet Security 2009 with Windows Vista 32 bit.

I am so tired of all the glitches and bugs and poor performance. A few questions:

1. Can I go back to 2008?

2. Will my license still work for three machines for the balance of the time?

3. Do I need to uninstall IS2009?

4. Has anybody done this and found an improvement?

5. Anything else I should know?

Thanks

Yes, there is a removal tool that seems to get plenty of use.

Run it, reboot, run it again, and reboot.

Now, if it was me, I'd run a registry cleaner to get any remaining junk out. This is probably optional.

Tool: www.bitdefender.com/uninstall

I've done this (remove BD2009) so I could put 2008 back on. The process worked fine.

Edit: My 2008 license key worked for upgrading to 2009, and again later when I downgraded tback to 2008.

BD can also get a "2009 only" key to be authorized for 2008.

Fungus

• Davo
    edited April 2009

well soon the version 13 will be here and i really hope they extend the BETA test so there will be no bug as it was with the previous version and so the new version will work fast and have alot of new IMPROVEMENTS, at least improvements at ENGINE - it's really needed..