Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Random Lockups With Is 2009 Udgrade From Is 2008

Options

Thought this was resolved. Original thread http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=12523

But the problem recently returned after completing a scan. By setting the antivirus to permissive it seems to be working again, but I did not have to do that before.

Was there a BD update that may have reset something?

Comments

• Unfortunately the lockups continue to occur. I have another machine in my office with just BD Antivirus 2009 (I am using BD Internet Security) and that has recently had some connection issues. The balance of machines run Trend Micro and have had no problems. It certainly seems like a bad update or something.

• Try the following setting:

Boot in Safe Mode, then go to Start - Run - regedit -> browse to "Hkey_local_machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Services and look for the entry called Trufos -> select it and go to Start on the right. Right click on it, select Modify and set the value to 4.

Please tell me if you still have the lockups after this setting.

• Still locking up. Made the registry edit you suggested and about an hour later it froze.

Is it time to downgrade to 2008 version?

• In order to further investigate this issue I will need to have a look at some reports from your system. You should receive an e-mail in about 5 minutes with some diagnostic tools.

• In order to further investigate this issue I will need to have a look at some reports from your system. You should receive an e-mail in about 5 minutes with some diagnostic tools.

Files sent. Obviously it is impossible to generate right after a lockup, because a hard boot is the only way to unfreeze. The computer froze during my first attempt with the sysdmp, so the files were generated after the reboot.

• Files sent. Obviously it is impossible to generate right after a lockup, because a hard boot is the only way to unfreeze. The computer froze during my first attempt with the sysdmp, so the files were generated after the reboot.

Any further suggestions? If not, then please forward a license key for Internet Security 2008 and I will downgrade. I never had this kind of trouble with that version and this is seriously hampering my ability to work effectively.

• Any further suggestions? If not, then please forward a license key for Internet Security 2008 and I will downgrade. I never had this kind of trouble with that version and this is seriously hampering my ability to work effectively.

I think I have been very patient. This problem started back a month ago. As I long time Bitdefender user, I have to admit I have finally had enough.

Does anyone know if a 2009 license key will work for 2008? If not, I will write off my losses and move on to another vendors security solution.

• I think I have been very patient. This problem started back a month ago. As I long time Bitdefender user, I have to admit I have finally had enough.

Does anyone know if a 2009 license key will work for 2008? If not, I will write off my losses and move on to another vendors security solution.

I decided to try one more thing. After backing up my docs and pst files, I restored my partition with an image made just about a month ago prior to the Bd update that messed up my system. Voila, all is well in the world again. Restored my docs and pst files and I am back in business. I am convinced that somewhere along the way BD must have messed up a registry setting or the like that caused all my problems.

• I decided to try one more thing. After backing up my docs and pst files, I restored my partition with an image made just about a month ago prior to the Bd update that messed up my system. Voila, all is well in the world again. Restored my docs and pst files and I am back in business. I am convinced that somewhere along the way BD must have messed up a registry setting or the like that caused all my problems.

I have the same problem and have had for a month . Tried most everything ,and seems there are lot of people with the same problem . I can no longer leave my computer on as bitdefender locks up and the only fix is to reboot and you can't do that when you are not here .

Please someone post a fix that works

• I have the same problem and have had for a month . Tried most everything ,and seems there are lot of people with the same problem . I can no longer leave my computer on as bitdefender locks up and the only fix is to reboot and you can't do that when you are not here .

Please someone post a fix that works

Everything has been smooth for me since my last post a couple of weeks ago. Prior to my restoring a disk image, I had tried just about everything. It was very frustrating. I am convinced the error was a result of a BD update. It may have been fixed by BD later, because after restoring partition, reinstalling BD, everything works fine and updates properly. After sending a system scan, BD support did suggest uninstalling a couple of programs, Nero was one, but that did not do anything either. The partition restore was the only answer for me.