Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2009 - Windows 7 64, Cant Update...

Options

I know bitdefender doesnt officially support Windows 7 yet, but its my antivirus software, so I installed it. It installs and runs fine, my issue is I cannot update it....

Auto update fails and says cannot connect.

I tried manually installing via the .exe and I did "run as admin" but it gives an error saying something about the plugins directory not existing.

I have vanilla BD antivirus 2009, so no firewall part. I manually added the livesrv.exe or what ever to my firewalls exceptions list.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem? I really dont feel like installing another antivirus until windows 7 is fully launched.

Comments

• I know bitdefender doesnt officially support Windows 7 yet, but its my antivirus software, so I installed it. It installs and runs fine, my issue is I cannot update it....

Auto update fails and says cannot connect.

I tried manually installing via the .exe and I did "run as admin" but it gives an error saying something about the plugins directory not existing.

I have vanilla BD antivirus 2009, so no firewall part. I manually added the livesrv.exe or what ever to my firewalls exceptions list.

Has anyone found a fix for this problem? I really dont feel like installing another antivirus until windows 7 is fully launched.

Probably you do not want to hear that, however, from our best knowledge this complete support for Windows 7 can only be developed by our internal teams. If anyone else found an alternative solution please feel free to share as we are going to keep this topic open.

• xenozx
    Options

OK, thanks for the response, ya i look forward to hearing from some others with possible fixes. Ill keep an eye on this thread in hopes something comes up that takes care of this issue :)

• fgagnon
    Options

I had this problem also, with windows7 beta (x64) installed on its own boot partition, dual booting with Vista Home Premium.

Today I have installed the w7 RC (build 7100) as a standalone OS, replacing Vista -- no more dual boot, nor VM.

To my great delight, I was able to install and run and update BD AV 2009.

So far it seems to be running perfectly now on the 64-bit Release Candidate. :D

• I had this problem also, with windows7 beta (x64) installed on its own boot partition, dual booting with Vista Home Premium.

Today I have installed the w7 RC (build 7100) as a standalone OS, replacing Vista -- no more dual boot, nor VM.

To my great delight, I was able to install and run and update BD AV 2009.

So far it seems to be running perfectly now on the 64-bit Release Candidate. :D

unfortunally when i installed rc windoes 7 64 bit and installed internet security i did have a problem with updates and weekly manual update file. so what can we do for not returning to xp?

• slavafleer@gmail.com
    edited May 2009
    Options

strange thing was happened today. i was downloading 32 pr windows 7 and was going to uninstall the inernet security but clicked on update and it was working =) i just hope it will work at others time too.

• slavafleer@gmail.com
    edited May 2009
    Options

another problem with win7 - when i do schedule list for scans and shut off pc, after restart the list is empty =(

• john305
    Options

Bitdefender Does NOT support win 7, Any problems you have with win 7 and bitdefender are your own figure it out, but i can tell you it does not work on win 7. If you want to keep useing bitdefender on win 7 put up with the errors ,and it not working simple.

• I'm using BD2009 fine all along until today. I've upgraded my windows vista to 7, and BD2009 is not compatible with Wins7. BD2009 prompted to upgrade to 2010 version by continuing with the existing key, however it failed midway saying there's an error downloading the bdav.msi from bitdefender's homepage.

The pop up window told me to download the bdav.msi installer from bitdefender homepage, but then again it goes back to the same issue - error downloading the bdav.msi.

Anyone please help? Thanks!

• alexcrist
    Options

Hello tandemblue,

Please read the announcement about Upgrading to BitDefender 2010. It is highly recommended to follow those steps and uninstall the current BitDefender 2009 before installing 2010, to avoid any possible problems related to installing over an already installed version.

Cris.